Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Nice work.....what's your all in price right now?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerbilly View Post
    Nice work.....what's your all in price right now?
    About $1000.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    Gsa can be tricky to dial but the results are well worth it. The system loves weight.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I've got 4k total weight in plumbed bags and lead, plus another 400 lb bag with a tsunami pump. I just need to figure out the best spots for it. Like dakota4ce said, I think it needs less in the bow.
    2019 Supra SL450

Very nice work and super ballsy! I’m interested to see what the other controller looks like.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Cool thread. I went the way of Wakeland Surf Tabs on my 2007 Supra 22'

I had an issue with my controller about a month ago, so I called the company and drove over to pick up a new one. Lucky to live in Knoxville. While I was there I was offered to try a newer set of (larger) plates. I originally had the v1.0, but now have the bigger ones they install on the Moomba boats.

Top is v1.0
    Bottom is v2.0 - just installed them last week. Have not been out of any testing.

2018 Supra SL400

I have also found the boat likes a lot of weight in the back. I run very little bow weight - actually none until I get the wake cleaned up.

Then I start adding to make it longer. And adjusting the speeds a little. My biggest issue is getting a clean wake. It takes a lot of trial/error. Sometimes too much compared the the new boats.

I was just looking at some pics on Facebook of some of those SL wakes . . . . . so long . . . . dang!!
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 08-22-2018 at 09:54 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

You should post this on wake garage. Its a great site and you can get a free hat if you add 3 or more projects.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    You should post this on wake garage. Its a great site and you can get a free hat if you add 3 or more projects.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I got a lot of good info from Wakegarage. I'm leery of posting too much about it because I don't want to cross the GSA guys. And to be honest, I may end up changing the plates anyway, because these are humongous and put a LOT of stress on the hinges. If I do change the plates, I will probably post over there.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Cool thread. I went the way of Wakeland Surf Tabs on my 2007 Supra 22'

I had an issue with my controller about a month ago, so I called the company and drove over to pick up a new one. Lucky to live in Knoxville. While I was there I was offered to try a newer set of (larger) plates. I originally had the v1.0, but now have the bigger ones they install on the Moomba boats.

Top is v1.0
    Bottom is v2.0 - just installed them last week. Have not been out of any testing.

I looked at buying their kit, but it was $2400 just for the parts, and to be honest I'm not real happy with the idea of that big lever arm the actuator mounts to at the top. Especially with that bigger plate. My very first, original plan was to do one similar to the stock Moomba setup, until I realized that.

I got a little ahead of myself with that one. I ended up using the aluminum from these to make the lower plates on the final tabs.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I have also found the boat likes a lot of weight in the back. I run very little bow weight - actually none until I get the wake cleaned up.

Then I start adding to make it longer. And adjusting the speeds a little. My biggest issue is getting a clean wake. It takes a lot of trial/error. Sometimes too much compared the the new boats.

I was just looking at some pics on Facebook of some of those SL wakes . . . . . so long . . . . dang!!
    Yeah I have 200 lbs of lead in the bow that I'm going to try moving to the back to see how much it helps, and try reducing water from the bow bag. I'm also going to make another set of plates that are a little smaller to see how that changes things. I really don't have nearly enough testing done yet.
    2019 Supra SL450