Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Roger that. Sorry I got triggered. And you can get that system for about $3500 really if you watch sales and discounts. Still a good chunk for sure. But short of working metal, it’s a good option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Roger that. Sorry I got triggered. And you can get that system for about $3500 really if you watch sales and discounts. Still a good chunk for sure. But short of working metal, it’s a good option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are right, it absolutely is, especially for people who don't have the Wakeland retrofit option.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    We went back out and surfed the black tab, same weight and placement, just less gas...

Curious abt the “less gas” result. Lower RPMs? Thx!
    2007 LSV
    2315 Acme prop
    Gravity III + 3 Johnsons
    1100s in the rear, IBS upfront
    Stock bags under the seats
    HDPE Surf Platform

Quote Originally Posted by Leebo View Post

Curious abt the “less gas” result. Lower RPMs? Thx!
    We started with a full tank with the silver tabs. Didn't fill back up to test the black ones. Although 11.0 mph with the silver tabs was 3200 rpm, with the black it was 3400.
    2019 Supra SL450

I just joined the group, This is a great post. If i had the money I would love to buy some, I would love to make some of these for my 2008 XLV. The measurements on the paper you shared in the first few posts, Is that before bent or do I need to add them to those measurements? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Medicsrus View Post
    I just joined the group, This is a great post. If i had the money I would love to buy some, I would love to make some of these for my 2008 XLV. The measurements on the paper you shared in the first few posts, Is that before bent or do I need to add them to those measurements? Thanks
    I wouldn't go by those measurements, they're the first diagrams I made by basically guessing at sizes. If you want to make a set, I'd make the second ones I made. Simpler, one bend, and they work nearly the same.
    2019 Supra SL450

Oh ok. The back of my 2008 xlv is flat where the tabs mount, but then it rounds out and up. Let me see if I can et a picture loaded. I was even wondering if the actuator would even work on either one of them.

IMG_3621.jpg
    This is what my transom looks like. I'm not sure the actuator would mount on the slope without being to long.

I made a diy surf gate, and it works good. I just want something that everyone in the boat can sit wherever while surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by Medicsrus View Post
    IMG_3621.jpg
    This is what my transom looks like. I'm not sure the actuator would mount on the slope without being to long.
    That transom looks like it would be difficult for many reasons. There's a ton of lateral curve where you'd put the hinges. You'd need to make a spacer/adapter so the hinge sits flat. You could likely make the actuators work, mine sit about 1-1/4" above the hinge. The curve just means you'd probably have to make the tabs a bit longer than the 14" of my silver tabs.
    2019 Supra SL450