Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Homemade surf tabs

It looks like you’ve got her dialed in perfectly! Nice work! I bet it’ll surf very well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Got out surfing on it Monday. Good push and size, fun shape. Not many pics, still need to play with weight and placement.

Also going to make a set of shorter tabs to see if that makes any difference.

Can't wait to get my controller...
    Last edited by Shoebox; 09-05-2018 at 12:47 PM.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    Thanks. Yeah I have a lot of tweaking to do to find the best setup. It'll be much easier when the real controller gets here, because I'll be able to get it dialed, then hit a button to save the tab setting. Right now it's kinda shooting in the dark, since I have no indication of tab/actuator position.
    what's the ballpark price of the other controller?

Looks like an amazing project. you definitely have some great skills and tools to work with. Metal fab is outside my scope of ability.

Tabs can definitely be tricky. I was recently in a Max with 3k ballast and autowake and the wave had no push. it was really disappointing. Like my XLV with 500 pounds kinda push. I couldn't believe it. (I was told by a friend that the tabs were too far down and it was likely lifting the stern).
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Was definitely a fun wave, lots of push a good length

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    what's the ballpark price of the other controller?

Looks like an amazing project. you definitely have some great skills and tools to work with. Metal fab is outside my scope of ability.

Tabs can definitely be tricky. I was recently in a Max with 3k ballast and autowake and the wave had no push. it was really disappointing. Like my XLV with 500 pounds kinda push. I couldn't believe it. (I was told by a friend that the tabs were too far down and it was likely lifting the stern).
    Thanks!

A friend is making the controller for me for the cost of parts. In return I'm going to make him a set of tabs for cost of parts.

I had to pay for cutting and bending, these needed to be pretty precise. The shorter set I'll just cut with a saw because they don't need the waterjet precision.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    Was definitely a fun wave, lots of push a good length

Yeah when I get home we'll have to get out and try the shorter tabs. I should have them cut today. Picked up the aluminum yesterday.
    2019 Supra SL450

Yeah when I get home we'll have to get out and try the shorter tabs. I should have them cut today. Picked up the aluminum yesterday.
    Definitely, R&D is always fun behind a boat

2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Thanks!

A friend is making the controller for me for the cost of parts. In return I'm going to make him a set of tabs for cost of parts.

I had to pay for cutting and bending, these needed to be pretty precise. The shorter set I'll just cut with a saw because they don't need the waterjet precision.
    Sounds like you guys make a great team!!! I remember making my manual version of the NSS system on my Supra Sunsport and that was a pretty cool adventure. Not sure if I'll ever get around to jumping from a DIY suck gate to a full blown automated system, but it's cool to see you're jumping in. I'd imagine if I ever get to the point where I feel I need to do transfers, LOL.

Keep up the good work. The fit and finish is on point.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    Definitely, R&D is always fun behind a boat

Controller is just waiting on waterproof buttons. The ones he got most recently weren't waterproof. Fingers crossed he gets it done before I get home next week!
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Sounds like you guys make a great team!!! I remember making my manual version of the NSS system on my Supra Sunsport and that was a pretty cool adventure. Not sure if I'll ever get around to jumping from a DIY suck gate to a full blown automated system, but it's cool to see you're jumping in. I'd imagine if I ever get to the point where I feel I need to do transfers, LOL.

Keep up the good work. The fit and finish is on point.
    If you have a flat transom, the surf gates are far easier and cheaper. My transom just wasn't going to work with those.
    2019 Supra SL450