Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Quote Originally Posted by Medicsrus View Post
    I made a diy surf gate, and it works good. I just want something that everyone in the boat can sit wherever while surfing.
    For the best wave, you still need to get more weight on the surf side. I still move people around.
    2019 Supra SL450

Thanks for your replies and advice. I bought this boat in July and really enjoy the surfing. I would just like to make it more convenient for myself if I wanted to switch sides. I would also like to wire the tabs so as when you put one down the other raises. I think all I would have to do is wire a relay to reverse the polarity when a down switch was pressed the relay would close and reverse the polarity of the actuator that is already down. Anyway thanks again Shoebox.

Thanks for your replies and advice. I bought this boat in July and really enjoy the surfing. I would just like to make it more convenient for myself if I wanted to switch sides. I would also like to wire the tabs so as when you put one down the other raises. I think all I would have to do is wire a relay to reverse the polarity when a down switch was pressed the relay would close and reverse the polarity of the actuator that is already down. Anyway thanks again Shoebox.
    I would think you could pretty easily wire a 3-switch setup so that one switch controls each tab individually, like mine is set up now, and a 3rd switch for transfers that pressed right extends the left and retracts the right, and vice versa. If the controller I'm waiting on isn't finished by next spring I may add the 3rd switch as well.

The only real issue with that is the ability to get the right deployment on the extended tab in the transfer.
    2019 Supra SL450

I see what your saying, the third switch would be the best route. Keep us posted on the controller, what would he charge to make another one if your works good do you think?

I see what your saying, the third switch would be the best route. Keep us posted on the controller, what would he charge to make another one if your works good do you think?
    I'm not building the controller. I'm trading my silver tabs for it, to the guy who is. He's going to post the code and parts list for it at some point. When he does, I'll link to it.
    2019 Supra SL450

Sounds good, I have been doing some research on a motor controller using a potentiometer to control the tabs. I would like to put it on a slide pot. Just so you could see by the slide where the tabs are. Thanks shoebox.

Slide pot is an interesting idea. Mine will have a rotary dial, but position would not be indicated by the dial because it would take more than one full turn to fully extend/retract the tab. If I remember correctly, it's 200ms per click of the knob. Of course that could be adjusted in the software, especially considering I would never be going to full extension.
    2019 Supra SL450

Did you ever get your controller or are you still using this system manually? I plan to build a set of plates similar to your smaller ones and I am starting a fully automated system design and build to run it. I've already got the code and a crude UI to control the actuators as well as control speed of the boat. My boat did not come with Perfect Pass, so I started by building my own and it has morphed into something similar to Auto Wake.

I just started a thread over on Wake Garage if you are interested in taking a look.
    https://www.wakegarage.com/forums/to...evice-control/

Quote Originally Posted by jestes View Post
    Did you ever get your controller or are you still using this system manually? I plan to build a set of plates similar to your smaller ones and I am starting a fully automated system design and build to run it. I've already got the code and a crude UI to control the actuators as well as control speed of the boat. My boat did not come with Perfect Pass, so I started by building my own and it has morphed into something similar to Auto Wake.

I just started a thread over on Wake Garage if you are interested in taking a look.
    https://www.wakegarage.com/forums/to...evice-control/
    Last I knew, Shoebox sold his 2019 Supra and no longer visits this forum much.

Sounds like you have a cool project going on.
    2018 Supra SL400