Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tydogg View Post
    This is looking badass !! Very well done sir .....please continue the thread until that wave does over the next boat Haha!!
    Thanks! I'm out of town at work for a week, get back Wednesday. I did get the edges of the plates smoothed out, as well as the lower actuator mounts.

I had to rethink those a bit from the original design, because they're made from 2" aluminum square tube, 1/8" wall. With one side removed, they squeeze down on the end of the actuator a bit, and I wanted to remove that little bit of binding. So I left that little strip at the top to eliminate the flex.

When I get home, I'll pull the boat out and swap out the tabs, and give them a shot.
    2019 Supra SL450

Well I got lucky and had a mid tour overnight at home. Got the boat out of the water today and got started installing the smaller tabs. Got about halfway through installing one side before I got called back to the airport.

Is there anyone with Autowake tabs who can measure the max down angle as compared to the bottom of the boat? (That is, bottom of the boat being 0°)

Trying to work out where to put the lower actuator mount.
    2019 Supra SL450

If no one pipes up you can have Tim call me and he can go measure my craz, if he's up for it I won't be back till Saturday ish

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    If no one pipes up you can have Tim call me and he can go measure my craz, if he's up for it I won't be back till Saturday ish

Thanks man. I'll be back Wednesday, I could do it then. Or maybe sooner, my plane here in GEG is in maintenance. Might be going back home here in a bit.
    2019 Supra SL450

Sweet, let me know , I'll send you a drop pin to the shop and give you the combo

2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Awesome, thanks! You'll have to walk me through how to deploy a tab 100%.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    Awesome, thanks! You'll have to walk me through how to deploy a tab 100%.
    Yep , definitely can do that

2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

I went to the dealer and measured the Autoflow tab angle on a Craz Pro (effing awesome boat, BTW). The tabs are at 30° at 100% deployment. Seems many run them around 60%, which was 20°.

At any rate, it gave me something to work with for setting my tab angles. I had originally made lower brackets that had a single hole for the actuator. But I decided I wanted to have some adjustability. I made a couple different versions today, but ended up with a design I like. They have 4 actuator holes (of which only 3 are really usable) which will provide 18, 24, and 30 degrees of deployment. I also made it so I can move the mount itself a half inch to change the angles more.

I also made diversion fins for the bottom of the tabs, 2 on each. I'll see how these work, and may play with the angles a bit with those as well. They are currently set at 60° from the transom.

I need to pick up some more screws to finish mounting the port tab, but otherwise they're ready to test.
    2019 Supra SL450

I went on a demo of a 2018 Axis A22. It's cool to see the new boats, different newer tech, etc. But it also made me realize that a $95k boat doesn't throw a significantly better wave than my Mondo.

I got the second set of tabs completely installed today, and took it out for a test surf. These smaller tabs worked better than the GSA-style tabs I made first.

I had them set to 23° max deploy angle. On both the regular and goofy sides I had to bump them up from max. I'm going to try the 18° lower mount position to see if the wave is good at max deploy of 18°.
    2019 Supra SL450

An Axis A22 is 95k?

Do you you get a free T23 with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk