Default Best bang for buck boat

Im looking to get a wake surfing boat within the next year probably and i want to do my due dillgence in research. So far I have seen the craz and max in person and they seem to be not much of a difference at least not besides the exterior. My question is what will get me the best bang for buck in a new boat with warranty and what kind of prices were you paying out the door minus taxes. Looking to stay under 72,000.

Thanks guys.

You actually looked at the Craz and Max and didn't notice much different other than the exterior? Did you go look at them in person or just online? The Max, while a bit more basic and utilitarian is 6" longer and 2" wider than the Craz and heeps more freeboard (that means taller). The Craz is more refined with nicer appointments and a few more features and options. They are a very similar hull, but that's where it ends.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Ditto the above. Totally different boats
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    You actually looked at the Craz and Max and didn't notice much different other than the exterior? Did you go look at them in person or just online? The Max, while a bit more basic and utilitarian is 6" longer and 2" wider than the Craz and heeps more freeboard (that means taller). The Craz is more refined with nicer appointments and a few more features and options. They are a very similar hull, but that's where it ends.
    saw them in person. AS far as space they felt about the same size but the max did seem to have more storage. Pricewise are they far off? The craz certainly looks more asthetic to me but im looking for something that will get me on the water with a great wave and creature comforts are nice but only if its within budget.

If you didn't feel the depth and size of the Max, then I would say the Craz is better suited to you as it has more creature comforts and nice eye candy items. I would say that if you were in the market right now, you could get a brand new leftover 18 Craz in your price range. Fully optioned, both are similar price wise, the Craz maybe a bit more. Allow a budget to upgrade your rear bags or add "lead wake" if trying to surf with a small crew. If you have a 6-10 person crew every time out, the Craz will be great right off the floor. I would suggest going to your local dealer and talking with them, they are able to bring in other dealer's leftover boats to sell to you. Best of luck.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    If you didn't feel the depth and size of the Max, then I would say the Craz is better suited to you as it has more creature comforts and nice eye candy items. I would say that if you were in the market right now, you could get a brand new leftover 18 Craz in your price range. Fully optioned, both are similar price wise, the Craz maybe a bit more. Allow a budget to upgrade your rear bags or add "lead wake" if trying to surf with a small crew. If you have a 6-10 person crew every time out, the Craz will be great right off the floor. I would suggest going to your local dealer and talking with them, they are able to bring in other dealer's leftover boats to sell to you. Best of luck.
    Thank you!

I just bought a 2018 Craz last week in Charlotte NC in that range. Boat show pricing and making room for 2019’s. Love it. The autowake technology is great for beginners to wake surfing.
    Last edited by 3threecs; 08-31-2018 at 09:40 PM.
    2018 Moomba Craz
    2003 Caravelle 207
    2015 Chevy 2500 HD 4WD