Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling Boat

Default Selling Boat

If I decide to sell my boat, where's the best place to list it?
    2015 Mojo Surf

I sold mine first Moomba on Craigslist. You WILL have a bunch of scammers that you will hav to tell to piss off, but it’s the ideal place to list, for you local area market.

If anyone offers to buy it sight unseen, It’s a scam. If they want to offer more than it’s advertised for, it’s a scam. If they say they work out of town and will send you a check, it’s a scam.

I insisted on a cashiers check from a known bank and copies of drivers licenses etc. I don’t care if you’re offended by that. I don’t trust anyone.

Second option is at inboardsonly.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Any idea what price I should list a 2015 Moomba Mojo for? I realize it's the end of the season, I might just sell in the spring. Where do you get a good estimate of the value?
    2015 Mojo Surf

Quote Originally Posted by SorryCharlie View Post
    Any idea what price I should list a 2015 Moomba Mojo for? I realize it's the end of the season, I might just sell in the spring. Where do you get a good estimate of the value?
    NADA has estimated.

All depends on condition, number of hours, options and your local market.

Didn’t you just get this boat recently? Why you selling it?

2017 Moomba Craz

We purchased it last spring with 50 hours on the clock. It's up to 205 hours now. I don't know that I am selling it, I don't have to. We still enjoy it but the kids are older and they don't come out as much anymore.
    2015 Mojo Surf

I sold mine on onlyinboards.com. Also listed on Boat trader.com.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

I’ve sold one on onlyinboards and one through the dealer. Both have pros and cons and maybe I was lucky but I didn’t have any tire kickers and the guy who bought my boat through onlyinboards wired me $60k sight unseen two weeks before we met up as he drove down from Canada to buy it. Didn’t even water test it, just showed him it all in the parking lot and signed the title over and he was gone. I agree Craigslist probably isn’t the best place to list these boats though.
    Boatless for now

As my kids get older and busier we have found joy in the 2 of us going out alone... or invite friends for an adult day. Sometimes its nice to not be on a disney cruise!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

I used Craigslist and used the advice of friend who sold his boat and that is use only the protected email system to get started. Don't under estimate any areas near you as I put my ad out to the major cities with 250 mile radius and sure enough I had six interested people from those distances with the first person coming 220 miles away to buy it. I had a few solicitors email me wanting to sell it but I trashed talked back to them. The buyer brought cash as requested but after the fact but a cashiers check verified through the bank would have worked. Sold it for what I paid for it 16 years ago. The new owner occasionally sends me texts of their boating and it is good to see kids up behind it again.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

only inboards for one that new. craigslist will bring out the scammers. I sold my tige in 2 weeks to a guy 2000 miles away sight unseen. was a good transaction.

use other boats for sale for your list price. depends on how quickly you want/need to move the boat.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten