Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Nailed my 2nd one yesterday. But I'm nowhere near able to nail them consistently.

Many many failed attempts yesterday. But hey, it's "training" for when I can do them w/o thinking!

I mean, isn't that why I've been putting all those hours on my boat?

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Oh nice! I’m gonna go do some ‘training’ tomorrow hopefully lol
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    If you're struggling with any trick video tape the whole set, then go back and review what went right and or wrong with each one. Randomly trying different ways only makes it harder you need to break it down from beginning to end.

Also, I find it easier if you mellow out the wave, a long shallow wave is much easier. If your ridding a really steep wave its easy to catch the edge when coming down and around.
    +1 on video review
    In addition to doing some “game film” review, I found this how to video by Conner Burns very helpful because he breaks down why some of his friends attempts fail. (He also promotes his new board but I still thank him for the video!):
    https://youtu.be/s5OO9Sw9ReE
    I’m just a 47 year old dad trying to land it before my 19 & 16 yo do...I’m on the verge of landing it. I will edit a video down and post soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ---
    2014 Moomba Mobius LSV
    1100 Rears | 500 Center | 500 IBS | Straight Line Sumo 325 BOW
    ACME 1617 (4 Blade 14" X 13.75")

Auto Flow 2.0 or EIGHT.3 RONIX BLADE 138
    P5 Hammerhead

Rockford Fosgate PMX-5CAN | PMX-1R
    (Coming Soon: Rev 8s and FAE)

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Nailed my 2nd one yesterday. But I'm nowhere near able to nail them consistently.

Many many failed attempts yesterday. But hey, it's "training" for when I can do them w/o thinking!

I mean, isn't that why I've been putting all those hours on my boat?
    Uh - I'm calling BS. Where's the rest of it where you ride away?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by no_hurry View Post
    +1 on video review
    In addition to doing some “game film” review, I found this how to video by Conner Burns very helpful because he breaks down why some of his friends attempts fail. (He also promotes his new board but I still thank him for the video!):
    https://youtu.be/s5OO9Sw9ReE
    I’m just a 47 year old dad trying to land it before my 19 & 16 yo do...I’m on the verge of landing it. I will edit a video down and post soon.

Landed one before my 14 yo, I rub it in every time we go out.
    2006 Mobius LSV
    New to boating and surfing

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Call anything you want. I've nailed 2 of them thus far that I've ridden away like a boss and will continue to increase the tally as I do more. Heading out to Prineville this weekend. Maybe I'll have to setup the gopro just for you.

#Don'tBeJealous
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Here's the latest "almost"...just started attempting the last few sessions. I drive more than ride but have had some friends and wife give me some more surf time lately.
    ---
    2014 Moomba Mobius LSV

P5 Hammerhead

Quote Originally Posted by no_hurry View Post
    Here's the latest "almost"...
    Damn! You’re really close!

Nice wave - did you retrofit the Wakeland system?
    2007 LSV
    2315 Acme prop
    Gravity III + 3 Johnsons
    1100s in the rear, IBS upfront
    Stock bags under the seats
    HDPE Surf Platform

Yes. Auto Flow 1.0 then found 2.0 side tabs on this forum and swapped them. I’m about to install the 2.0 wake plate (longer by about 6”) to match and hoping it will help the wave. Lately I’ve been using the ronix wakeshaper and not the tabs which is the wave in the video with only 2 people in the boat (maybe combining for 325lbs).

---
    2014 Moomba Mobius LSV

P5 Hammerhead

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Yeah, I posted this one in a couple other threads. LOL. But here ya go Berg, just for you. only took me 5+ years. :-/

But I know you'll like the backdrop of Dinosaur Rocks at Prineville Reservoir.

www.TraysonsToybox.com