Default New member question.

I am currently in the market for a new wakeboarding boat. I have been doing research on different manufacurers, models...etc. I found Moomba because of price and dealer location (MC, Sanger, Centurion also close by). I noticed J D Power did not have good reviews on Moomba. Can anyone tell me if this based on past issues that have been resolved? or recurring problems? Also, does anyone have articles reviewing/comparing Moomba prducts? I'm not expecting a lot of negative feedback on this board. Perhaps someone just has information as to why the negative review.
    Thanks and enjoy your day.

Hi Cajun,

Really good question, what are the exact details that are in the JD powers reveiws and how old are they? You can actually get good feedback both good and bad from this board.. but give the details included in the review so we can address them for you.

cheers

Jay

Sea trials and service--or lack thereof--are two areas where the industry falls short. According to owner responses, fewer than half of all dealers offer to take customers for test drives prior to purchase. And, the marine industry's record on service consistently comes up short when consumers compare it to service offered by other industries, especially automotive. "One of the reasons is a frequent inability to fix the boat right the first time it is brought to the dealer for service," the J.D. Power study concludes. According to consumer feedback, service is done correctly just 77% of the time.

"The marine industry is well behind the automotive industry in terms of customer satisfaction with both the product and the dealer sales and service experience," according to the study. "Since service is rated very low in satisfaction, but high in importance, dealer service appears to be holding the marine industry back from progress."

J.D. Power found that, on average, only 42% of people who buy new boats say they would buy the same make again. The highest rated brands' owners respond positively at nearly twice this level (more than 70%), pretty conclusive proof that service is key to success.

I don't know, I like my boat.

I’ve got a friend with a Mercedes that goes to the shop for a major issue at least twice a year. He still loves them. He gets very nice loaners.

I understand what you are saying dog. I also understand that companies have to pay jd power to have there product tested. A company like MC and CC can pay "a lot" for a review. I have a '03 Tahoe that has never needed anything but regular service....my brother in law has the same model that he brings in all the time. Thanks guys!

The review was about 12k people between June of '04 to May of '05.

Here is a link to the webpage
    http://powerboat.about.com/library/w...pa2_2005bb.htm

2. Ski/Wakeboard Boats
    To these old ears, there is no sweeter sound on the water, than a Big-block V-8 purring through the exhaust pipes on an inboard runabout. With the popularity today of the IO, the ski boat is one of the few, new boats using this drive system.

Correct Craft had the highest ranking in the Ski/ Wakeboard category, with particularly high ratings for Engine Satisfaction and for Design. Following closely behind Correct Craft were Master Craft and Malibu. However, Moomba, Supra and Tige did not fare as well.
    Bass Boats
    Builder Overall Rating Quality & Reliability Value for Money Design & Styling Ride & Handling Water Sports

overall rating/QualityReliablility/Value/Design/Ride/Watersports

Correct Craft 5 5 5 5 5 5
    Malibu 4 4 4 5 5 5
    Master Craft 4 5 3 4 4 4
    Moomba 3 3 3 3 3 4
    Supra 3 3 4 3 4 4
    Tige 3 4 3 4 4 4

Scoring:

5 = Among the best
    4 = Better than most
    3 = Does not really stand out
    2 = The rest
    Thanks and enjoy your day.

People are silly.

Let's just look at 2 sets of numbers.

Supra and Moomba are basivally the same boat with current year technology and more plush amennities in the Supra, for about $6000 more.

Given this absolute fact about the boats - it would make sense that the "value for the money " of the Moomba is slightly higher,and the numbers should reflect that (percentage wise they hold resale value more than supra as well). It also makes sense that the "Design and Styling" would easily score higher for the Supra. So let's look at the charts...

NOPE - just the opposite! Same score in design/style, and value goes to the more expensive boat.

again... take any poll with a huge grain of salt.

People are silly.

I will agree w/ the general notes about the marine sales / service industry as a whole. Very small time thinking from the dealers, with big time expectations from the customers = very unhappy customer base. I think there are too many manufacturers. Makes it hard to have the level of service / reliability of the major auto mans.

-J

We repair both cars and boats. Getting boat parts are completely different than car parts. Typically the boats we work on are under 5 years old. Many times we have to wait for weeks to get a part because the manufacturer of the boat does not have any in stock or it's out of stock.
    Take in account that most people only use their boats for 3-4 months during the summer time in the upper midwest, you can see why people are dissatisfied. fI think this is an area that some of the boat manufacturers need to improve.

I think the fact that JD Power called Nautiques, Moombas, Mastercrafts, etc. BASS BOATS speaks volumes about these ratings.

I've always trust JD Power, but now I'm not so sure. But also notice, the web page is NOT on the JD Power domain server. Whoever transferred it could have messed up the table formatting or simply doctored the results.

I've owned an older Nautique. It was a great boat, but it was no better in quality than my '05 Mobius LSV. I have had ZERO problems with the Moomba.

I ESPECIALLY question the rating of '3' in the value column. Value is exactly why I didn't buy another Nautique. It is absolutely a 5 in my case.

Jim