Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Using stock ballast bags

Anyone upgrade their rear bags but also used the stock bags as additional weight? I have 1140’s in the rear now. I want to use 1 stock 750 on the surf side and put another 1 in the bow?
    2015 Moomba Mojo

Put the 1140's and the 750's on ebay and get 2 1450 Enzo's. They pretty much fit almost perfect in the mojo's rear lockers and you'll get an insane wave and you'll be able to use your surf tabs to switch surf side instead of moving bags around. Worth every penny.
    I had the 1100's and took them out as they do not fit the rear lockers and you may be getting maybe 850-900#s out of them.
    It took me a while to pull the trigger on the Enzo's and now I regret all that wasted time trying to "dial in" or tweek the wave".Now just fill everything to 100%, deploy the surf tab 100% and go. We can surf 15ft behind the boat. My kids can even double surf( 2 separate boards at same time) which speaks to the power and the length of the wave.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

how much weight are you pushing out of the bow?
    2015 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyV View Post
    how much weight are you pushing out of the bow?
    I have the stock front ballast, Hard tank + soft front ballast, 1000# front total. You have the same. When I had the 1100's, in order to get a surfable wave, I had to list the boat by filling starboard ballast to 80% and front ballast upto 50%. Now I fill everything to 100% and don't worry about having to mess with anything. I have the surf tabs at 100% also. ALso, I had to go 8.5 MPH in order for the wave to have push, and understandably that made for a short wave, No I can adjust speed from 9-10 mph depending on surfer preference and still get lots of push. The ability to go faster extends the length of the wave which allows much more room for messing around, trying the 360's. My daughter and her friend, teenagers, have enough room that they can tandem surf, would have been impossible with my previous setup.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 F150 Lariat

Thanks. I already have my enzo’s ordered. Wondering if I should add some more weight to the front tho?
    2015 Moomba Mojo

Try the setup with your stock front ballast first and see how it goes. You can always use the trim plate to adjust the boats pitch and lower the bow and hence lengthen the wave. Now, I am assuming that you have the 1000# ballast up front. THe hard tank plus the IBS.
    Although, I must admit, as good as the wake is, I've become power hungry. I plan to get at least 150#'s of lead sacks for each rear locker and 150 for the front. THese don't take too much space. They're only 2" thick. It's in the future plans. I have to pace myself though, as these boats can become money pits if you get too carried away.

Another thing I plan to do is upgrade to the 2.0 surf plates. There is a thread on this and many guys have done so. Those tabs are way bigger and thus when deployed should cause more list (port roll) and should clean the wave more, especially for goofy side surf. Apparently some guys have ordered the blades alone from wakeland, the mfr who builds our surf system. My understanding is you just unscrew our blades and screw on the new ones on. We'll see.

But all in all, I am very satisfied with my current wave.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 F150 Lariat

Would the enzos work in a 15 mojo with manual tabs the same way?

Moomba
    Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by fordbrent1 View Post

Moomba
    Mojo
    The Enzo bags should not interfere with the surf tabs. You're just adding more weight to displace more water and create bigger wake. THe surf tabs perform a separate function. Our boats came with the 1.0 surf system. The tabs on the 2.0 are much bigger, they also have "fins" underneath to direct the water flow outwards and theoretically cause further delayed wave conversion and longer wave. I personally don't buy that, but, the larger surface tab will produce more upward force on the side where the tab is deployed and thus more list further enhancing the wave.
    Before tabs you had to list the boa byt using unequal weight, now you can use equal weight, which displaces more water and use the tab to create list. Does'nt matter if the tab is deployed manually vs automatically.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 F150 Lariat

Quote Originally Posted by fordbrent1 View Post

Moomba
    Mojo
    I had the manual tabs, with 1100s or enzos, you will want to use the bottom setting and you'll still want to slight list to the surf side. Nose weight will help with length. I had 1100s and was surfing at almost 20', verified with a tape measure. 10.8, center plate just a hair under all the way up, extra 700 pounds of people or ballast to the surf side. Same wave every time out.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Received my Enzo bags last week. I LOVE all the weight. Still might add about 500 to the front or mid walkway. Gotta do some more testing. I also have the auto flow system not the manual tabs, so that may help out quite a bit.... still getting used to the Mojo
    2015 Moomba Mojo