Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Trying to narrow down the search

I am in the market for a new/used boat, this will be my first boat. I have couple friends who have a mobius lsv and older mastercraft xstar that have talked me into getting a boat(didn't take very long.) After looking I have found 3 boats that check all the boxes my family needs. Since I will be taking the kids with on almost every outing the boat will need do everything from surfing to tubing.

The first boat is a 2018 Moomba Craz, I know I will need to swap out the rear bags and probably add some lead but this option is the cheapest.
    The second boat is a 2018 Moomba Mojo Pro, again will need rear bags I am guessing.
    And finally a 2015 Supra SE 450. This one I haven't done much research on. How does it stack up to the Mojo Pro?

All good choices.

Between the Moombas, I would take a Mojo Pro over a Craz. I like the exterior and interior better. 18s have nice options.

But I would take a Supra SE over a Moomba. It's a big boat. Plenty of room - you will notice the interior room when you climb in on. Pretty sure that was the first year produced. It needs weight to get it rocking the wake. Comes with the Raptor 440 motor. Will drink more gas b/c of the size.

Any tow issues or docking it on a lift?

How many people say: "Hey, my boat is too big . . . ." unless you live on one of those 21' and under lakes
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    All good choices.

Between the Moombas, I would take a Mojo Pro over a Craz. I like the exterior and interior better. 18s have nice options.

But I would take a Supra SE over a Moomba. It's a big boat. Plenty of room - you will notice the interior room when you climb in on. Pretty sure that was the first year produced. It needs weight to get it rocking the wake. Comes with the Raptor 440 motor. Will drink more gas b/c of the size.

Any tow issues or docking it on a lift?

How many people say: "Hey, my boat is too big . . . ." unless you live on one of those 21' and under lakes
    No access to a lift but towing won't be an issue. The lake I will mainly be at is massive and only a 10 minute drive.

Now I am going to ask a question that probably is going be difficuilt to answer without seeing. But what would a good price be on a '16 supra se 450, loaded with larger ballasts already added?. The SE is low hours under 200 and is in very good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by r1_hauler View Post
    No access to a lift but towing won't be an issue. The lake I will mainly be at is massive and only a 10 minute drive.

Now I am going to ask a question that probably is going be difficuilt to answer without seeing. But what would a good price be on a '16 supra se 450, loaded with larger ballasts already added?. The SE is low hours under 200 and is in very good shape.
    Prices vary by the part of the country and the time of the year, but I would assume:
    Under 200 hours for a 2016 is low hours (3 seasons). People that own these boats use them.
    Hard to put 1 number on a boat - like a 2015 is 87K.
    Book numbers do not matter - like NADA stuff.

For the SE 2015 - probably mid80s to low90s
    For the SE 2016 - probably 90s

You will see a bump of around 8-10k for the 550 motor.

There is a guy on here selling his 2016 SE. I think he was asking 90K. Gave me a good deal on a surf board - ha ha.
    https://www.onlyinboards.com/2016-Su...ota-85728.aspx
    2018 Supra SL400

Prices vary by the part of the country and the time of the year, but I would assume:
    Under 200 hours for a 2016 is low hours (3 seasons). People that own these boats use them.

There is a guy on here selling his 2016 SE. I think he was asking 90K. Gave me a good deal on a surf board - ha ha.
    Thanks MJHSupra for the info and the link!

I found another boat to add to the list unless someone tells me to cross it off. What's everyones thoughts on a 2014 Mastercraft x30?

I found another boat to add to the list unless someone tells me to cross it off. What's everyones thoughts on a 2014 Mastercraft x30?
    Personal opinion, the SE is the runaway best in this list!

I would take a ride in both of those, SE and X30.

The X30 does things well - wake and surf. They have the Gen2 wake systems. To get a good wake, you need to upgrade the rear ballast. The local dealer was trying to get me to buy a 2015 6.2L 430hp model. It was a nice boat. I would not buy a 5.3 on that model.

When you start to get into the exterior looks and you have that BTS windshield, some people love it, some people hate it. Good interior storage. Usually JL sound systems. Traditional V in the bow, more room in the SE.

I'm pretty sure the X30 has a fold-down tower. That is a cool feature.

I would take a 2015 SE over a 2014 X30. SE will cost more.
    2018 Supra SL400

It works without that weight, but was waaaay better with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the SE I was looking at sold, but the Mojo Pro is still available. The dealership is at $84,999(without much negotiating), is this a decent deal for a 2018?