Quick history on me... Bought a boat when I was 14, and used to pay the upper classmen to haul me to the lake... bought a Ski Nautique in college and got the wakeboard team started at the school (using concrete and homer buckets to get a good wake). Spent my summers as a dock daddy on TableRock Lake in Branson... my wife and I lived in Maui and had a small runabout... so boating has always been our first go-to activity.

We have been in Colorado now for 15 years now, have 3 little girls all under 10... and they all love the water! Spend most of our time on Powell, and then Wolford Reservoir (in Kremmling CO) in the middle of the summer when it is warm enough for the kiddos.

Anyway, we are hopefully coming out of a bad luck streak. I bought an Epic 23V in April 2017 with a brand new 8.1L Merc. Day one, hour one, and about 3 minutes off the trailer... the motor had a real bad lope in it, so I haul it back to Texas for warranty work. Motor is blown. We miss the entire boating season last year. In November, a bad storm hits Lake Powell and takes down our Houseboat. Long story short, the Epic is STILL in Texas... and the Houseboat (shared ownership) did not have a bound insurance policy. This has been a battle of patience, savings, and ultimately now legal, which is never fun.

RIP Epic:
epic.jpg

RIP Houseboat:
IMG_7752.jpg

On to better things, we just bought a 2017 Helix last week and are excited to get it going up here in the mountains. It ships tomorrow, and comes in this weekend... I fly back on Monday and we will have it on the water Tuesday! So here's to the next round of adventures... looked long and hard at every brand out there, but this used Helix was definitely the best option for us. Have 1100 bags on the way... a new 2079 prop... and need to do the warranty transfer through Indmar. Will document our experience along the way... and any advice is always appreciated!