Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moomba Max and Craz Height on Trailer with Tower Folded?

Hello,

I am looking into buying either a Max or a Craz and am getting conflicting information on the height of these boats on the trailer with the tower folded. The Max lists 98” and the Craz 94” but a dealer said they measured them to be 110” for the Max and 99” for the Craz? Given the conflicting information I have, I am hoping some owners could help with true numbers on their boats as I am looking to fit in my Garage which is 96” high door height and could possibly be raised to 100”.

Thank you,
    Brian

Default Moomba Max and Craz Height on Trailer with Tower Folded?

I have an 18 Supra SA so not a lot of help to you, but the SA is 101”including board racks folded in.

I too have a 96” door and simply remove board racks (one bolt each side)to get under 96” by a few inches.

So keep that option as a back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 08-15-2018 at 08:16 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I have an '18 Craz. When I bought my boat I went to the Cincinnati Boat show in February to measure one with my own hands. While doing so some one from Moomba (I think it was actually Matt Brown, Goose on here) chatted me up and re-assured me that the boat fit through an 8' door. I didn't get a good measurement there. The day I finalized my order, I measured one at the dealer. It was in gravel and it was inconclusive. I ordered anyway! YOLO!

Fast forward to the night I drug the new boat home. It doesn't fit. Firm measurements in my driveway are that it is 99" folded, but WITHOUT the board racks - they are 6" taller!

Every time I bring the boat home (It now stays in a storage unit most nights), I must remove the board racks (not from their one screw quick disconnects, but from the next bracket up the chain, but that's only 2 screws each), fold the tower (and be damn sure I got it all the way down), DEFLATE the trailer tires about 50%, and back it in with an 8" drop hitch! It's an accident waiting to happen, and at best an hour long process.

Although I do not have measurements on the Max, I do know that it's a taller boat, and it is getting the A3 tower next year, which will make the folded height TALLER than the 2018's.

The trailer has pretty significant fender gaps - like 4". I'm not sure if there was a design change on the trailer that makes the advertised numbers incorrect, or what. I DO have a theory that torsion axles may be able to be adjusted lower and solve the problem, but that Is just a theory at this point. For <$500, that would be an awesome fix!
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Thank you for the response as that is helpful for sure. Seems like my hopes of getting a Craz may have just gone out the window. Only other question I have is what size tires did you have on your Craz? I did look into raising my garage door height but that would only gain me about 4” because of a support beam (10’ 4” inside so no issue there and the beam is away from where the boat would go). That would give me and option but with contractor and new door, it is $6K to raise 4”. Hmm...maybe I need a new house!

$6k would also buy you about 3 years at a normal storage facility.... then you gain even more room that can be used as storage away from the house! Lol
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    $6k would also buy you about 3 years at a normal storage facility.... then you gain even more room that can be used as storage away from the house! Lol
    That was my logic! The wore part is that I had ALREADY put in new doors this winter in anticipation of the boat coming in! Double whammy!
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

This is the first hit I found on Google so I thought I'd add some measurements in case folks are looking for 2021 Max.

It was REALLY tight in the storage facility I am using. The door width in the picture is 108" and height is 105 1/2". I had the tower folded and had to remove the racks after this picture was taken... then push up on the door to get that extra half inch. I can get measurements with the racks on and tower up and anyone is interested.

image.jpg

Going to be that guy.....so glad I put 10ft wide by 12ft tall doors on my pole barn shop.
    The wife can even back the boat in with the tower up.
    Sorry...I had to say it. That is too close for comfort.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Going to be that guy.....so glad I put 10ft wide by 12ft tall doors on my pole barn shop.
    The wife can even back the boat in with the tower up.
    Sorry...I had to say it. That is too close for comfort.
    Lucky guy! Pulled the boat out of the garage a couple weeks ago. Not only was it tight going in (an inch or two on either side through the door) but it was tight coming out! Hit the wall with the corner of the trailer. Nothing a drywall patch won't fix, but I also need to get adhesive for the reflector that popped off too! Looking for a new house now and the garage is my #1 priority. The kitchen is tops for the wife though. If we don't find something we like soon though, I may have to just add a new garage to the current house.

When the Wife and I had our house built, the original design had a 3 car garage with 9ft tall doors. To save the coin, I switched to 8ft tall and its considered 2.5 car (guess the .5 is so the doors can open while parked).

I used what I saved to help build the shop. No point in a 3 car garage, have to many tools and toys for that limitation....
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow