Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wake makers upgrade bags for the 18 Max her here

I received an email from Spencer at Wake Makers that the bags for the Max her ready. 1,550 bags, you do have to drill through the bulk head to install.
    He told me that he has talked to engineering at Moomba and they are fine with the modification and are going to have passage for that in the 19' boats as well.
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade

Nice! I知 waiting on a callback from wakemakers for the specifics of the kit.

I知 sure I can piggyback off the factory bags (mine have 2 front ports) for less money but a kit would be nice, easy and quick.

I知 assuming this comes with replacement rear bags plus side sacs that tie in?
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

How will storage be with bags going under the side seats? Is there still plenty? Looking at getting into a '19 Max, and we bring a ton of crap with us on the boat, so storage is key.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Of course this happens literally the weekend after I plumbed two 740lb bags under the midship seats. Still interested to see what they came up with though.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Of course this happens literally the weekend after I plumbed two 740lb bags under the midship seats. Still interested to see what they came up with though.
    Do you mind posting some install pics? What size are the 740lb bags and how well do they fit?

Thanks
    2018 Murder Max

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Do you mind posting some install pics? What size are the 740lb bags and how well do they fit?

Thanks

The bags I used were one size bigger than Boonejeepn, 45x20x20 wake makers (720 lbs, not 740 lbs, my mistype). They fill that compartment completely side to side and front to back.

I do need to take some pics. I did a combination of what wake makers told me to do and what Boonjeepin did. After all is said and done I realized a couple of my errors and will fix it sometime (relatively minor things). The quick notes version. I went off the rear bag pumps and threw in a t piece before the t piece that goes to the bottom two ports of the rear bag and routed that to the mid ship bag. Well, that way is garbage alone and was advise from wakemakers. It basically doesn't fill until the rear bag is completely full and then half of it fills through the return line of the rear bag vent (i put in a check valve). That can not be good for the rear bags for any length of time. It did drain perfect though and I did just y pipe into the existing rear bags vent line. So what I did was drill through that transom between the rear and midship bag and added a connection from bottom of the bag to bottom of the bag like boonjeepn. Much better. I also added ball valves to each of those lines so I can cut off filling the midships If I so desire...though I am not really seeing when I will ever do that and likely wasted $40.

Changes that I plan to do. Well first I am going to wait until wake makers drops this new bag to see if it would still be of any benefit to me, likely not. If it is not beneficial then I will be switching how I did the rear t piece. Basically what I plan on doing is capping one of the rear bag ports and using just one t piece with one hose going to the midship bag and the other to the rear bag so that they fill more equally. It took 40 ft of hose....which I ordered expecting to only use 30 ft....glad I overbought.

Let me tell you though, worth every penny of the $500 I spent. Now me and the wife alone on the boat can surf easily. The wave is a bit bigger, longer, but with tons more push everywhere. I took most of my lead, 500 lbs of it, and put it in the nose.
    Last edited by FamilyMan; 08-23-2018 at 09:35 PM.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Thank you for the write up. Good to know the 720lb bags fit, I知 definitely going to go this route now.

From how you plumbed it and the changes you plan to make I have another idea to expand on it further, but it will require an extra hole in each side.

What if you cap one of the ports on the rear bag and run a dedicated line off the T as you are planning to do, and then run another line from the front port of the rear bag to the other port on the midship bag? This way when/if the smaller midship bag fills first (or if the rear fills first bc it痴 closer to the pump maybe?) the water just backflows through the hose connection equalizing pressure? Do you think this would this be beneficial or is it redundant because the vent lines being t壇 together already does this?

Another even more simple option would be to leave the rear plumbing stock and just run 2 hoses from the front ports of the rear bag to the 2 rear ports of the midship bag? I知 sure this would rely more on building pressure in the rear bag before filling the midship bag, but with 2 hoses I don稚 think it would be enough pressure to damage the rear bag or push water out of the vent?
    2018 Murder Max

Edit: I see you already connected the front of the rear bag directly to the midship and this helped.

Did you drill a hole in the transom for the first hose you ran to the midship bag (from the t between the pump and rear bag port)?
    2018 Murder Max

I知 also considering building a shelf above the midship bags for life jacket and float storage. How much room would you guestimate is left between the top of the 720 and the bottom of the seats?
    2018 Murder Max

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    I’m also considering building a shelf above the midship bags for life jacket and float storage. How much room would you guestimate is left between the top of the 720 and the bottom of the seats?

With the 20" tall bag there is pretty much minimal/negligible room when full, especially since the vent is coming off the top. If you downgraded to the 540 that is only 15" high you could probably make a nice 7" shelf or so. I dislike ever taking those seats off....now If I could get some hinges I might entertain that idea.

I did not drill a hole for the hose coming from the t piece to the front of the bag, used a 90 degree quick connect. I do however plan to do that shortly, as when the bag is full it could use the space and put less stress on the connection. I also plan on making a larger hole for the bottom connection as the ball valve is huge and needs almost a 4" hole so that also can hide under the transom and not limit the bag space.

Snapped some quick picks last might (poor lighting)IMG_1241.jpgIMG_1242.jpgIMG_1244.jpg
    Last edited by FamilyMan; 08-24-2018 at 09:14 AM.