Default All 3 Ballast Pumps are Dead

I was filling the bags and they just stopped. I checked all fuses under the dash, at the batteries and the rear. I also reset the main circuit by the batteries.

I'm not sure what happened? I tried resetting the ballast circuit in the engine bay but that didn't help. None of the pumps will run.

Also, my trim lever isn't working either, any ideas? It's something electrical but I can't figure out what.

The batteries are fine, I charged up before we went out this weekend and the charger said "all good". I put the electrical meter on the batteries and they read fine.

I should mention this all happened when I had an impeller go bad. I changed that on the lake and then the ballast pumps stopped working.
    2015 Mojo Surf

Its possible that, if the Mojo has it, that your Power Distribution module died. I had to replace mine on the Supra, but wasn't to the point of everything being dead, was just hit or miss. Pumps would run for 30 seconds then turn off type thing.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

If you have power leaving the breaker, then remove the carpeted cover on the rear port side to expose the pumps and power distribution mounted on a panel. Check the power connector to make sure it is snapped all the way in. It may not be snapped in all the way or has fallen out. The pumps and wakeplate are powered thru it.
    I have a 14 Mojo and this happened to me. I'm not sure if they are the same on a 15.
    2014 MOJO 345 Surf - Sold
    2005 Mobius LSV, carb - Sold

This exact thing just happened to me. I reset all the circuit breakers and still nothing.

I then reset the aft circuit breaker again after turning off the battery switch and it started working.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    This exact thing just happened to me. I reset all the circuit breakers and still nothing.

I then reset the aft circuit breaker again after turning off the battery switch and it started working.
    Thanks, I'll try that this week and see if that works. I can only pray that it would be a simple fix like that. I reset all the breakers, I didn't turn the battery off though.

I did see a small spark in the engine compartment where the ballast breaker is and wasn't excited about the spark in there.
    Last edited by SorryCharlie; 08-13-2018 at 06:44 PM.
    2015 Mojo Surf

Quote Originally Posted by SorryCharlie View Post
    Thanks, I'll try that this week and see if that works. I can only pray that it would be a simple fix like that. I reset all the breakers, I didn't turn the battery off though.

I did see a small spark in the engine compartment where the ballast breaker is and wasn't excited about the spark in there.
    Yes, this sounds Familiar with the spark. turn battery switch off. reset both breakers, also ensure all the helm controls are off as well and turn the battery switch back on. Hopefully that works. Please report your findings.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

After a rainy weekend I was able to get out on the boat and the fix Flienlow recommended, worked. I reset all the circuits and turned the battery switch on and boom, all the pumps work again. Many thanks for the info!

I don't understand what happened but if they're working, I'm good.
    2015 Mojo Surf

We put in the water this weekend and everything was working, barely got a few hundred feet from the dock and the pumps went out again. I tried tracing all wiring I could get to and couldn't find any reason for the short. I pulled on the hot and ground on the circuit breaker in the engine bay and felt a tiny bit of play on the hot wire. I tightened the hot wire nut, maybe a half a turn and it was tight. Pumps work and didn't have a problem all weekend.

I'm just posting this in case somebody else has this type of problem. Crazy the things electricity can do.
    2015 Mojo Surf