Thread: Trailer help

Default Trailer help

Hey guys. I just bought a 2000 Moomba mobius v yesterday. I noticed the nose was bouncing a bit when I trailered it home. I've included some pics of the nose setup and it seems off to me. Any thoughts on why the bottom v support isn't touching the hull? It seems like the boat is cranked as far as it will go. Maybe something has been modified over the years?
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 Moomba Mobius V

I am sure one of the other owners of this year will chime in.

The nose needs to be resting on the front roller, otherwise it will bounce and this is hard on the boat, trailer and tow vehicle.

As for the two bunks not touching, that is ok on this type of trailer, its there so when you are pulling the boat on and off its helping the nose to not hit that roller it rests on.

I wish they still made these on the 08 and my 13 because my nose is always dragging on that roller.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I don't know. I think the bow "V" should be resting in the trailer "V" when the boat is tight up against the roller on the winch stand. I wonder if they either bumped something or changed something when the winch was replaced.

You might want to check the bunks further back as well. If something is wrong and the boat is sitting low in the back-- it will raise the bow. You might be looking at a symptom that is caused by a different problem.
    Last edited by kaneboats; 08-13-2018 at 06:41 AM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I also have a 2000 Mobius V but mine doesn't have that piece on it. It is the original boatmate trailer that came with the boat. It might be an aftermarket add on that someone did? I just did a quick google search and didn't see any other Mobius V's on trailers with it
    -Scott

2000 Moomba Mobius V