Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Follow the outlet hose from the pump and you will see it go into a black cylindrical metal (its brass painted black) piece that also has a separate set of inlet and outlet connections that the oil goes through. It’s not far from the pump. If you unhook the water inlet hose from the inlet side of the oil cooler and fish around inside it you may find the pieces sitting there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I am not a fan of those black (nitrile?) impellers. It costs extra but I always run Globe Run Dry Blue impellers which last way longer. You can get them here and other online retailers. https://search.defender.com/?expression=Globe
    '14 Mojo 2.5

that impeller was run dry, and or the boat run thru sh*tty water. check the tranny cooler as above. I doubt there is a water strainer. My impeller is on its 5th year and temp hold steady at 160- 166. It only runs dry at the beginning of the season start up till it sucks water. I have a strainer that has a bit of debris in it at the end of the season as i run in clear canadian water
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I agree with others that the impeller is the first thing to look at. If the impeller looks OK check to be sure the metal impeller doesn't spin with the actual impeller not spinning ... this happened to me and the dealer said he had never seen anything like that.
    Richard (LakePerson1952)
    2010 Moomba Outback - Loving it!