Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2010 Moomba Getting hot

I took boat out today. Start it in the water on the ramp unhook ideal around temp gauge gets over 200 I wanna say it was at 220 maybe 230 then check engine light comes on blinking. So I shut it off let it cool down then try it again same thing. Then I just put it back on trailer. Not really sure what problem is. Guy I bought it from says he has it serviced every year fluids changed. It has 190 hrs on it. Any ideas that would help.

Check your book, but I would guess you have a 160 degree thermostat. You should stay around that especially sitting at the dock. Mine get a little over that at times. I would check the impeller. If that looks good, then I would say you need a new thermostat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Check the impeller and maybe a clogged intake water filter/screen, if it has one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I think that’s where I will start with checking the screen and changing the thermostat and impeller. Does anyone know where I could get part numbers for thermostat and impeller?

Quote Originally Posted by 23 Shinkle View Post
    I think that’s where I will start with checking the screen and changing the thermostat and impeller. Does anyone know where I could get part numbers for thermostat and impeller?
    Go to skidim.com.

2017 Moomba Craz

I think I found the problem not sure if picture is going to work The guy told me he had it serviced and impeller changed every year I am starting to think he done nothing to the boat. EBDE4630-523D-4799-8F41-1EDA22E405CD.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 23 Shinkle; 08-12-2018 at 02:06 PM.

Uh....yeah. Unless it has been started up and ran dry I find it hard to believe that has been replaced. Hopefully you don’t have rubber crap throughout your cooling system. That happened to my dads old Rinker and it took an entire year to get it flushed out properly. I would replace and run it on a fake a Lake to make sure it is cooling properly.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

It has been years since that boat saw a new impeller. I'd say about 5 years at least.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Check in the oil cooler down stream from the pump. You might find that some if not all of the impeller blades might be still trapped in that

2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Check in the oil cooler down stream from the pump. You might find that some if not all of the impeller blades might be still trapped in that

Where exactly is that? I had an impeller break and only 2 blades were still attached when I pulled it. Thanks.
    2015 Mojo Surf