Our lake home is up in Northern Wisconsin, and while we love our 2014 LSV for all the skiing, wakesurfing, kids' tubing and cocktail cruising that we throw at it, I've been increasingly drawn to the beauty and aesthetics of adding a vintage wooden boat to our fleet. I've been ogling some pre-war (1936-1942) Chris Craft boats in the 19'-22' length, and I'm particularly drawn to the 1939-1942 "Barrel Back" boats as they just look awesome on the water and they sound even better. Here are a few pics of a 1936:

Sequoia 1.jpg

Sequoia 2.jpg

Sequoia 3.jpg

That said, I know next to nothing about them other than I love the way they look and what I have learned so far from what I've dug up on the internet on care and maintenance... So figuring that a love for Moombas may very well carry over to a passion for vintage Chris Craft boats, I'm hoping that somebody here may have some experience with ownership and caring for these beasts. If so, I'd love to pick your brain as I try to get educated on these boats . TIA to anyone who cares to share their thoughts and experiences!