Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Almost a new MOOMBA owner

Hey everyone! New guy here.. Figured I would join up. I am getting ready to order a brand new Moomba CRAZ. I am hearing nothing but positive reviews from people and dealers about the new 2019's. I am coming form a 2016 Sanger V215 which I love it is built like a tank and handles like a dream on the water has great craftsmanship... BUT within the last year the wife and I have been doing way more surfing and wishing we had more free-board and "Surfing tech" with the boat. So I am nervous and excited at the same time I am getting rid of a really nice boat and hoping this new 2019 Moomba is a significant upgrade (Which I am hearing it is). So on that note can anyone recommend anything I should have on the build list when I go to finalize it with my dealer? Thanks all! Glad to be here!

Get the 1280 rear bags from wakemakers, I don’t think the dealer will do it. But as for build options make sure you get the surf prop (15x13), and the Auto Flow and Autowake 2.0 options.

If you really wanted to go all in, get the Craz Pro, it had the Flow 3.0 plates that are only available on the Pro models.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Boatin View Post
    Hey everyone! New guy here.. Figured I would join up. I am getting ready to order a brand new Moomba CRAZ. I am hearing nothing but positive reviews from people and dealers about the new 2019's. I am coming form a 2016 Sanger V215 which I love it is built like a tank and handles like a dream on the water has great craftsmanship... BUT within the last year the wife and I have been doing way more surfing and wishing we had more free-board and "Surfing tech" with the boat. So I am nervous and excited at the same time I am getting rid of a really nice boat and hoping this new 2019 Moomba is a significant upgrade (Which I am hearing it is). So on that note can anyone recommend anything I should have on the build list when I go to finalize it with my dealer? Thanks all! Glad to be here!
    A little more coin but they have the Craz Pro for 2019. If it fits your budget I would look long and hard at it.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by Boatin View Post
    A little more coin but they have the Craz Pro for 2019. If it fits your budget I would look long and hard at it.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

If not going the Craz Pro route I would get : G6 ballast, AutoWake, Wake Prop, and get your dealer to swap bags for Enzos. On your trailer, get the transom steps.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    If not going the Craz Pro route I would get : G6 ballast, AutoWake, Wake Prop, and get your dealer to swap bags for Enzos. On your trailer, get the transom steps.
    Transom steps should be required.. Lol
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Agree with all the above. The G6 ballast and Bimini with board storage is a must in my opinion. I also ordered mine without Wakeboard/ surf racks and ordered the PTM clamps separately. They are a lot of coin, but I didn’t like my boards bouncing around. They direct bolt to the Moomba tower. I also like the Gator step flooring. It is so nice to just hose it down and scrub it when it gets dirty and not have to worry about drying it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    Agree with all the above. The G6 ballast and Bimini with board storage is a must in my opinion. I also ordered mine without Wakeboard/ surf racks and ordered the PTM clamps separately. They are a lot of coin, but I didn’t like my boards bouncing around. They direct bolt to the Moomba tower. I also like the Gator step flooring. It is so nice to just hose it down and scrub it when it gets dirty and not have to worry about drying it out.

I'm gonna rip the gator step crap out, it's on my walkway and platform, can't stand how hit it gets. Hydroturf may not look as nice but sure works better.

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post

I'm gonna rip the gator step crap out, it's on my walkway and platform, can't stand how hot it gets. Hydroturf may not look as nice but sure works better.

I was pretty excited about the Craz pro too but as I started trying to figure out what you really get, It's loosing it's luster for me. Basically, the difference between a fully loaded Mojo and Mojo Pro for '18 is like $6-8k. For that you get Flow 3.0, graphics that I really don't like (probably not a popular opinion here), and a few other lighting and color accents and stuff that you can't add to a non-pro boat?

The others have covered the must have options pretty well. This thread made me realize that I DO have the upgraded prop (15x13). I didn't MEAN to order that, but now that I ahve it I'm more than happy with it! The boat gets on plain with as much weight as I want and still runs almost 40 unloaded!
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead