Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    I'm gonna rip the gator step crap out, it's on my walkway and platform, can't stand how hot it gets. Hydroturf may not look as nice but sure works better.
    Do you have the snap out Gator step? I noticed the 17’s were darker than my 18. At least the two the dealer had when I ordered my boat were. Also, mine is not the snap out type. My Gator step doesn’t get that hot in my opinion. Now the silver seat fabric is hot
    As sh*t!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

I have the snap out Gator Step in my 17 Craz and it is hot as hell.

2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post

Ditto!!! I wish I had like a monster size EZup for when I'm cleaning and detailing the interior. It doesn't take much direct TX sun for it to become scorching. I guess on the bright side, it dries fast so it never gets that wet dog smell.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I ditto what jcarter said. On my '18, the gatorstep (not snap in but glued down) is about the only cool surface on my boat!
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post

I may be mistaken but that’s the old shit, made my the same manufacturer who somehow through it was a good idea to put flaming hot black rubber on the swim deck. In 18 they switched to gatorstep who made their product with snaps (just like the 17s) but with gatorstep material. They also did the adhesive “normal gatorstep” as well

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

The stock non-skid stuff gets really hot. We had GatorStep installed and it's much better. Don't confuse the 17-prior non-skid with GatorStep.

So all in all is it worth the extra coin to have the gator step material or just stick with the snap in carpet? I thought I wanted gator step but after reading some of these comments on it im on the fence. And thanks for all the great comments on what to add on the order im for certain going to get the surf system stuff and the craz pro is a bit out of the price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatin View Post
    So all in all is it worth the extra coin to have the gator step material or just stick with the snap in carpet? I thought I wanted gator step but after reading some of these comments on it im on the fence. And thanks for all the great comments on what to add on the order im for certain going to get the surf system stuff and the craz pro is a bit out of the price range.
    Personally, I will never go back to carpet. I would say yes it is worth it. I think everyone who says it is hot had the older stuff, which was a snap out non-skid floor. I didn’t even think that was made by Gator Step, but you could double check with your dealer on that. I hate carpet because it stays wet longer. I would always wet vac my carpet after each trip to keep it from smelling. This stuff drys in no time and it is easy to maintain. Plus it looks much better. The used to put the Moomba logo in the carpet, but now it is just a big ass plain rug. That was my other deciding factor. I have had a lot of different groups of people on my boat and every single one has commented on how they like my floor.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

I don't like seadeck, gator, any of that stuff. Gets hot, gets slick, punctures easy. Give me nice plush carpet any day in boat and leave the nonskid stuff on the gunnels and topsides.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

I like the carpet on deck, but definitely get the gator step for the bow, and gunnels. I cam from a 2016 V215 to a 17 Craz. And love it, the sanger was built like a tank and craftsmanship was a little better with the sanger, and handled like a dream, but its hard to beat the free board and wider beam of the Craz vs the v215, you shouldn't be disappointed at all.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds