Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2008 LSV ballast upgrade

Hey ya all,
    I have an 08 lsv with stock 400# bags. Also purchased a wakesurf edge after my homemade suckgate broke.
    I am looking for recommendations on ballast upgrades. Hoping to use the existing gen 3 system if possible but willing to buy an external pump too.
    WakeMAKERS has upgrade kit with 910#.
    Anyone know of a good under seat bow bag?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    2008 LSV
    Seeley Lake, Montana

A lot of people will go to 900 or 1100 lbs bag in the rear locker and also put a bag under the bow seats that will add another 500+ lbs I have a Flyhigh one in my bow but i think Sumo has one as well. Wakemakers has them on their website. The reversible pump upgrade that wakemakers has is great if you don't mind spending the money. I did it a few years ago and it is great.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Yep, agreed that Wakemakers kits are the way to go. I replaced my entire system in my 05 Supra. Call them up and talk to the guys in house. They are very knowledgeable and can get you set up. The systems are pricey though. I had $1,000 just in my ballast pump system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Thanks Guys, I really appreciate the feedback.
    Would anyone by change know the locker size? I forgot to measure and my boat is up at our cabin.
    Thinking of going with the Straight Line Sumo Max 1000x2 & Max Flow Pump for the rears (50”L x 22”W x 22”H) but concerned they will not fit.

Also want a decent bow bag that fits under the seats if possible? Looking at the Straight Line Sumo Max 750 Open Bow Ballast. If it does not fit under the seats than can always stack on top of them.
    2008 LSV
    Seeley Lake, Montana

Default 2008 LSV ballast upgrade

I installed the Ronix U shaped bag. Fits perfect in my 08 and doesnt sit under the cup holder. I actually have 2 50# lead wake bags stacked on top of each other right under the cup holders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    I installed the Ronix U shaped bag. Fits perfect in my 08 and doesnt sit under the cup holder. I actually have 2 50# lead wake bags stacked on top of each other right under the cup holders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks for the help!
    2008 LSV
    Seeley Lake, Montana

I have the same boat and looking into the same stuff. A quick question? Do you use any oil when you surf? I have about 25 hours on my oil and tried surfing for prop 2 days maybe 8 hours of surfing and i burned 1/2 quart. Normal?

Do you have the right prop? What’s the RPM you’re running to go 11mph? I’m running ~3200RPM at 11mph w 4000lbs but I have an ACME 2315 prop. At that same ballast I needed 3-400RPM more to get 11mph w my old ACME 1433.
    2007 LSV
    2315 Acme prop
    Gravity III + 3 Johnsons
    1100s in the rear, IBS upfront
    Stock bags under the seats
    HDPE Surf Platform

Quote Originally Posted by Leebo View Post
    Do you have the right prop? What’s the RPM you’re running to go 11mph? I’m running ~3200RPM at 11mph w 4000lbs but I have an ACME 2315 prop. At that same ballast I needed 3-400RPM more to get 11mph w my old ACME 1433.
    I have the exact same set up. With the same results

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Thanks guys for all your help. I decided to go with the Straightline sumo 1,000 lb in the rear and the 750 IBS (probably only get 600 pounds when filled to available space) and stock 400 locker bag. Also have the Wakesurf Edge Pro Wake Shaper (my old DIY version broke). I have rear surf side filled and non surf side at roughly 50%. Here is the wake at around 11 MPH with 2 kids and me in boat. Still playing with wake shaper to find the optimum placement. Right now it seems to be just forward of the LSV logo
    IMG_1749.jpg
    IMG_1732.jpg
    IMG_1731.jpg
    2008 LSV
    Seeley Lake, Montana