Default Trailer wheel bearing & torsion arm

Have a question about wheel bearings and torsion arm on 07 Boatmate trailer with 5200lb single torsion axle. I started getting a harmonic sound coming from the wheel after I make a left turn. Didn't really think anything of it but this year the sound is getting worse and occurring more often, not just left turns. After launching the boat this past weekend I pulled on each tire and I deffiantly have play in each wheel. I am assuming the inner and outer bearings are worn since the trailer is 11 yrs old. Has anyone had issues with having to replace the torsion arm and or roators?

Thanks,
    Mike

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2007 Moomba Outback V

I replaced one on my old trailer. I bought the torsion arm with the hub and bearing already packed and ready to go. It even came with a new brake caliper but I just reused the old one since it still worked and I didn’t want to repack bearings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I replaced one on my old trailer. I bought the torsion arm with the hub and bearing already packed and ready to go. It even came with a new brake caliper but I just reused the old one since it still worked and I didn’t want to repack bearings

I decided to do the same and replace the the torsion arm and hub on both sides. I have a bad caliper and a bad bearing or bearings. I know I have an old torsion arm already so I don't want to waste money replacing several pieces and find out when I have it apart that I have a worn spindle and have to spend more money. So I am spending the extra money now and all new.

2007 Moomba Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post

How hard was it to slide the new torsion arm on the spindle of the axle with rotor and caliper already attached to the torsion arm?

2007 Moomba Outback V

I don’t recal having too much issue, it was a few years ago. I think I used a dead blow hammer or rubber mallet

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD