Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

We had front row seats for the planes and helicopter that were dunking in the lake for water to put out wildfires. Pretty cool sight to see.

Spent a half day at the dealer getting brakes back on my trailer. when I replaced the axles, the T-blocks were troublesome (leaks) and the main line was oblong and cracked. a quick request for a brake bleed turned into a half day dealer visit.

But we've been getting a TON of boat time during our 2 weeks of staycation (with 1 long weekend trip away thrown in).
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Went out for a ride on a 2018 Moomba Max today. All in all it was a fun and educational experience. The boat handled great as we were motoring to our play spot. It's roomy and spacious for sure. It is interesting with a boat with that much freeboard that the driver and rider can't see each other (surfing) when staging up for a pull.

We were using autowake and out of the box, and it was a bit frustrating for us as riders. I've been told that the Max loves and needs more weight. I'm sure with more, it'd be a monster, but with autowake and factory ballast there just wasn't nearly enough push to be enjoyable. My wife and I are both very competent riders and we both ride fast Doomswell boards with custom fins... and she got dumped off the back of the wave fairly quickly each time. My first pull, I wasn't able to stay on very long. we played with speed and got it somewhat rideable for me, but I had to work at it and still found myself falling off the wave after a while. (in comparison, the boats I ride most often are my XLV and a G23 both with about the same 3000 pounds of ballast and I can ride either of those effortlessly front to back and top to bottom. I've rarely encountered a boat that I struggled to stay on the wave. I've ridden plenty of boats at AWS demo days over the years and pretty much every wave except this one has been easy to ride on.

I was told by a friend that ones one, that with Autowake on the Max, if the tabs are more than 50% and the wakeplate more than 0 that it lifts the stern of the boat too much... Seems about right.

After that, I was down to ride the wakeboard wake. I put the line length at 65 and we went 21mph like I'm used to on my XLV... I forgot to tell them to dial down the wake though! So on my first pull, with 100% ballast, 100% amplitude, I landed a quick little toeside 180 and then proceeded to hit the wake for a simple heelside wake-to-wake jump. I was launched into a different zipcode! My kid said I shot up as high as the tower and while I did come in for the "landing" on the downside of the other wake, I rotated a bit off and the heel edge of my board dug in, slammed me onto my back, whipped my head back onto the water (yea for helmets) and ripped my feet out of my tight closed toe bindings... Thankfully I had my knee brace on, so my ACL was safe.

Big boy wake:

After feeling like I got hit by a truck, I asked them to dial the wake down... They said they dumped 25% of the ballast and set the amplitude at 50%.

After that the wake was still challenging, but not overwhelming. I still had to put effort into clearing it, but it was definitely attainable for most riders and was a lot of fun. The wakeboard wake was CLEAN and had a great shape to it.

Excuse my tired riding, but I'd just got slammed hard. Here's a video of the slightly dialed down wake:
    Last edited by trayson; 08-24-2018 at 10:06 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Last week I got my first 360, so I had to move on to the next trick. This week I got my first transfer. Loving the new Craz!

https://youtu.be/yQ2Ch9XYSfk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

The Mondo Wave is pretty dialed these days for a little boat. 2 people in the boat and still producing this!
    IMG_3541.jpg
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jcredible View Post
    The Mondo Wave is pretty dialed these days for a little boat. 2 people in the boat and still producing this!
    IMG_3541.jpg
    Where is that? The background looks familiar.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Yeah it does - I'm thinking Crow Butte or Boardman?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

that is one sweet wave! Well done.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

It is Little Bow in Alberta, Canada
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

it's my 3rd one that I'd rode out (and was followed by a 4th one before I finished riding for the day). But the one that we finally got on video.

www.TraysonsToybox.com

Weird, feels like I just saw that in another thread...
    2019 Supra SL450