Default Stress cracks around ski platform mounts

I noticed two cracks (it appears only in the gelcoat, no hull damage) around each of the ski platform mounts. Has anyone else had this problem?

Yes on both of the Moomba's we have owned ('03 Outback LS & '05 Mobius LSV). Both were fixed under warranty.

I own a 2000 Moomba Kamberra and have had the same problem. There were signs of spider cracks around the top brackets on each side. I actually just had the swim platform brackets tightened and the cracks repaired. Talking to the repairman, Moomba does not include a plate for bolts to screw into for the bottom bolts of the brackets, they are just lag screws in compound, so if they start to loosen up or the top ones do then it will create stress cracks in the gelcoat.

I have a 2003 Outback with cracks going out from the bottom and top of the brackets. Should I get this fixed? Any idea where in SE MI? Thanks
    ST

toelke4286,
    Why not take it back to Club Royale? I had both of my boats fixed under warranty there. The first boat I could tell where their previous gel guy did the repairs but on our '05 Mobius I can't see a thing. The new guy did a great job. Have you had issues with Rob's service department? Thigs should be better this year now that they are settled in the new location.

jburn
    I have not had good luck with Rob and Club Royale. I do not wish to bash the man or his company on this post. Let's leave it at that. I will call him to discuss this issue or try to stop by this week. I guess I am a little upset that these little things are starting to add up. I do not believe that we as customers should pay all this money for a new boat and have speakers fall out or platform brackets fall off. Just venting, sorry.

toelke4286,
    I totally understand your frustration. Give Club Royale another try and make sure you let them know you are not happy about the issues with your boat and their previous service mishaps. I hope they would really help you out on this. They have been pretty good to me after I have expressed my concerns.

Just so you know I have friends that own Master Crafts and Natiques that have had the same spider cracking issues as our Moomba's. It's not brand specific. Good luck with getting your boat fixed, I wish I knew someone else I could refer you to but I don't.

if that is the only place you have crack consider yourself lucky. on the starboard side i have a crack from the windshield to the rub rail. on the port side i have about six cracks two of which look like someone tried to glue them back together but are craking again. by the tie down hook i have at least two cracks by each. one swim platform bracket there is only one crack whereas the other has five cracks and one goes all the way to the bottom of the transom. the dealer has taken picture and are sending them to s.c.. i am waiting for this winter to get them fixed. before i picked up the boat i had the tower moved becouse it was not straight. it took them three weeks to fix. also, the dealer backed the boat into a wall and cracked the swim platform. that took two weeks fix. i am not going months without my new boat this summer.

Zippy
    I guess I will stop my complaining for awhile. I am really sorry to hear all of that. It really sounds like that boat was made on a Friday afternoon or something. I hope you get it worked out.

jburn
    I spoke with Rob yesterday, he gave me the same speech I have heard from him on many topics, your boat is fine, gel coat cracks are "normal" for all boats. At least I have it on record now, in case it gets worse down the road. I will watch it this summer when I have it on the hoist. Maybe I am just a little anal about my boat. Time to start boarding and drink coldies and not worring about gel cracks.
    ST