Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    Just my opinion, but the Kicker are crap.
    I don't think your amp is tuned properly because I still have the kicker in-boats and they jam, I have yet felt compelled to replace them even though they are the last OE piece in my system.

If you don't have your crossover points set correctly the in-boats are likely receiving frequencies they can't play, then they sound like crap.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    I don't think your amp is tuned properly because I still have the kicker in-boats and they jam, I have yet felt compelled to replace them even though they are the last OE piece in my system.

If you don't have your crossover points set correctly the in-boats are likely receiving frequencies they can't play, then they sound like crap.
    I have tuned them. I am not a stereo expert, but know enough to be dangerous. I also have two friends who used to own a car stereo shop, so I lean on them for tips. Like I said, my opinion only. All I know is I had 4 Alpines (2ea 6 1/2” and 2ea 7”) in my 05 Supra that would destroy the 6 Kicker I have in this boat. I tuned those myself also. Now, the point about the sub needing a box is valid. I will most likely add that this winter. Maybe “crap” is too strong of description, but either way, they are no Wetsounds or JL. Had those options been there in 2018 it would have been a no brainer for me to get the Wetsounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    I have tuned them. I am not a stereo expert, but know enough to be dangerous. I also have two friends who used to own a car stereo shop, so I lean on them for tips. Like I said, my opinion only. All I know is I had 4 Alpines (2ea 6 1/2” and 2ea 7”) in my 05 Supra that would destroy the 6 Kicker I have in this boat. I tuned those myself also. Now, the point about the sub needing a box is valid. I will most likely add that this winter. Maybe “crap” is too strong of description, but either way, they are no Wetsounds or JL. Had those options been there in 2018 it would have been a no brainer for me to get the Wetsounds.

I’ve heard Jl’s on a 18 se that didn’t sound the best. It’s mostly in the tuning. An external eq is a must in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    It’s sad that people think the kicker are crap. They are far from crap speakers. When something isn’t tuned or installed properly anything can sound like crap. With a proper amp & A DAMN SUB BOX it sounds great. But you need a sub box & I don’t care what anyone says you will need a sub box on the 19s as well. Free air is horse shit (the kicker sub was never meant to be free air but SC is trying to save a few bucks per boat) I have no clue if the wetsounds is an actual free air sub or not though.

Hi, new member here. Figured my first 1st post would be a reply to your message lol. I'm currently in a Yamaha 242, looking to move in to a Moomba or Supra eventually. Anyways I can vouch for the free air JL subs. I have an JL m10ib in my Yamaha and a JL m200 amp and it sounds great. It's being controlled by a WS420 EQ which really gave me control of the sub. Not sure about other brands, but if you are going the infinite baffle route JL is the only way. Anything else I would stick in a box.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdavfx4 View Post
    Hi, new member here. Figured my first 1st post would be a reply to your message lol. I'm currently in a Yamaha 242, looking to move in to a Moomba or Supra eventually. Anyways I can vouch for the free air JL subs. I have an JL m10ib in my Yamaha and a JL m200 amp and it sounds great. It's being controlled by a WS420 EQ which really gave me control of the sub. Not sure about other brands, but if you are going the infinite baffle route JL is the only way. Anything else I would stick in a box.
    I have never heard a satisfactory free air sub to date, as compared to sealed or properly done vented.

They do OK, but man sealed is so much tighter and nice.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I have never heard a satisfactory free air sub to date, as compared to sealed or properly done vented.

They do OK, but man sealed is so much tighter and nice.

Not disputing that. Sealed is better by far, but if you have to do a free air application the JL does pretty good. It's a true IB sub unlike others being used in free air applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdavfx4 View Post
    Not disputing that. Sealed is better by far, but if you have to do a free air application the JL does pretty good. It's a true IB sub unlike others being used in free air applications.
    Agreed, did the jl 12 free air in a friend's boat, and that thing freaking pounds. It hits hard, has clean crisp sound, one of the best sounding subs I've heard in awhile , only running it at @500 watts too. But the spot where it mounted fit the recommendations jl recommends for free air use. And the boat does have a cabin, that probably helps a little too. Did 4 jl 6.5 cabin speakers , and their sound is amazing, did the 8.8 for the towers and they rock,I prefer the sound of them over the Rev 10s. Personal opinion only

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Let's get this thread back on track...back to the Makai info! Some hidden pages on the website:

https://www.moomba.com/2019-updates?...ource=Facebook
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

UT just received our 1st of many Makai’s.

DFTR Josh (downfortheride)
    www.marine-products.com
    Discount code: DFTR
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Hinged seats are amazing, these cushions are LONG.

DFTR Josh (downfortheride)
    www.marine-products.com
    Discount code: DFTR
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)