Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    Bear Lake is closer but no way as nice as Powell. BL is wide open to the elements and never really had a good time there. LP just can’t be beat and worth the extra 2 hours of drive time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I could see that, I do remember the 2015 tragedy where 4 died when a rogue storm capsized their wakeboat.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I could see that, I do remember the 2015 tragedy where 4 died when a rogue storm capsized their wakeboat.

Heck even worse, google Lake Powell 2017 storm. A few houseboat tipped while tied to shore with people inside. The craziest freak storm can happen anywhere. I tell people to know the forecast no matter where they go out.

DFTR Josh (downfortheride)
    www.marine-products.com
    Discount code: DFTR
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    People ask me a lot about Powell and what they should do for their trip. Low level water map is a good start, stick to the channel while going up and down lake, scout your riding area for any surprises that might be in the water. Powell will be the most wonderful time but can turn bad real fast with the lack of help that's quickly available at times. Can say I wouldn't trade this lake for any other except maybe a little closer then 6 hours away.
    Which brings to some questions for our SLC riders. I did a road trip to Denver last week and after driving by the Flaming Gorge signs on I-80 all these years we drove on the west side of the reservoir and found numerous roads leading to campgrounds and took some pictures from the view point. Why isn't this area used much as the logistics seemed to be good? When we drove back we did a side trip by Bear Lake on Friday afternoon and the whole ride is really nice. We saw lines of surf boats heading up there as we were coming down. The water is an ocean blue and very beautiful. Rock along the shoreline and no coves that we saw. Busy place. What are the summer temperatures of the two lakes?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I don’t live in Utah, but travel there for work, I know Bear Lake water temps are fairly cold even mid summer.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I cant believe they would let him surf off the boat while being towed
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Won't let him on the Salvage boat and not allowed in the sinker?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    I'm going to say it's not suppose to happen and kids just want to have fun. I'm sure all these time they tow boats back and always said "hey we can surf that!" I have no clue if this is an employee or the actual owner of the MB.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)