Thread: 2018 Mojo setup

Default 2018 Mojo setup

Sorry if already discussed, searched see most models other than the Mojo discussed. Need some setup help. Have 2018 Mojo, 900 lb bags in rear, 700 lb center. Auto Wake seems to work good-not-great-port side. Not so much goofy/stbd side-which is my side. Turned AutoWake off, added 750 lb fat sac to rear, still no push at all even for best surfer I know. Also had about 500lbs of human ballast on the boat, moved them all over. To test my skills rode behind buddies 2014 MC X10, could surf it all day. My prior boat was a 2011 SANTE and I had zero issues surfing it with just 500LB ballast tanks in rear filled. So, while no pro, I can surf. I am 6'5 225. I ride a Ronix 4'10 Powerfish, just for heck of it jumped on my 4'6 Ronix behind the MC and again no issues surfing it, so it's not the board. If Autowake not gonna be the answer for me, that what is? I did not play with the surf and or wake tabs other than either 100% up or down. Maybe that is the issue? Reading through other threads on other boats seems that fully deployed is not the answer? I love this boat, but if I cannot surf it I have an '18 Mojo for sale...….

Quote Originally Posted by TracySMojo View Post
    Sorry if already discussed, searched see most models other than the Mojo discussed. Need some setup help. Have 2018 Mojo, 900 lb bags in rear, 700 lb center. Auto Wake seems to work good-not-great-port side. Not so much goofy/stbd side-which is my side. Turned AutoWake off, added 750 lb fat sac to rear, still no push at all even for best surfer I know. Also had about 500lbs of human ballast on the boat, moved them all over. To test my skills rode behind buddies 2014 MC X10, could surf it all day. My prior boat was a 2011 SANTE and I had zero issues surfing it with just 500LB ballast tanks in rear filled. So, while no pro, I can surf. I am 6'5 225. I ride a Ronix 4'10 Powerfish, just for heck of it jumped on my 4'6 Ronix behind the MC and again no issues surfing it, so it's not the board. If Autowake not gonna be the answer for me, that what is? I did not play with the surf and or wake tabs other than either 100% up or down. Maybe that is the issue? Reading through other threads on other boats seems that fully deployed is not the answer? I love this boat, but if I cannot surf it I have an '18 Mojo for sale...….
    I have a ‘17 mojo. Here is my setup for a sick goofy wave. Keep in mind, I have the 1450 lb Enzo sacs and also have the bow sac piggybacked off the center tank. I use autowake, but these settings should give you a good idea.

You definitely need more bow weight. Also, are you filling the non-surf side bag?
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Yes, 100% surf tab deployment is never ever going to work for anyone.....unless you are an infant.

Also you say the boat has a center tank, but does it have a bow bag too? If not, you will need one.

What you have to understand is that the Mojo is a BIG boat, much larger than the SANTE, so you can not compare, pound for pound the ballast weights and think that the same is required for any boat. So you have to get the Mojo weighted to the maximum.

There’s another Mojo Pro owner on here that has posted several videos of him surfing at 12mph and getting a good 3-4’ of air off the lip. So there is no question these boats all surf. You just need a LOT of ballast!

Now, back to boat settings; start with filling everything to 100% full and get more weight up front, ad well as some more weight on the surf side of the boat, ON TOP of the human weight. For natural foot side, deploy starboard tab around 55% , wake plate anywhere between 0-15%, and speed to start around 10.8 mph. For goofy surf, deploy port tab at 65% and everything the same.

For example, my Craz, which is about a foot shorter than the Mojo, I surf with 1100’s in the rear full, center tank and bow bag full (about 1200lb combined) 250lb of lead per side with 150in front of rear bags, and 100 behind the bow bag legs, on each side. Then I use 400lb bag on surf side seat, and sometimes another 400lb bag across the rear seat if it’s just me, my wife and kids. With my regular surf buddy crew (3 guys: 165, 185 and me at 205) we can get by with just the 400 side bag.

The wave is huge and we have tons of push.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

This is my starboard side wave on a 2018 Craz. It is all about setup! You need to read the Autowake question thread and listen to what Matt Brown says. The goal is to use Autowake, but not let it drain ballast. If you toggle off of Autowake after surfing, see what your ballast levels are at. Add weight to where you are already at 100%. I will probably add a few lead wake bags just so I can move weight easily, but this picture is with the stock 3,000 ballast full and 4 people in the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

I should also mention that is with the smartplate at 20% and the port plate at 60%. I run 11.4 mph on that side, but that might be a little fast. I think I need to check my speed with a gps and adjust my paddle wheel offset. It could closer to 11mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Thanks for all the info guys, appreciate it. Gonna hang my hat on not deploying any of the plates correctly. Seeing that pic of the Craz gives me hope here. I have same setup, 900 lb ib in rear, 700 lb tank mid piggybacked off 500 in bow. I will be amazed if I can't figure it out at some point. I was hoping Autowake was like the Gen 2, just turn it on and let it do its thing, but clearly that's what the extra $40K get ya,,,

I may also consider upgrading to bigger bags in rear. What are the biggest that will fit, the 1450s? I have the 6 pump upgrade so fills the 900 lb bags in no time.
    Last edited by TracySMojo; 07-30-2018 at 12:40 PM.

1450’s fit but take up all the underseat storage. If that doesn’t matter to you then do it. You will probably also need to get a surf prop at that point too as the boat will struggle with that much weight and the stock 1235 prop that it comes with. I went to the OJ 945 and it has no issue with the 4000lb of ballast that I surf with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz