Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Hmm. Accelerator pump usually has a couple of settings you can select, try using the next one up that has a higher leverage and pumps more. But first see if you can sloooowly get up to 5000rpm under load. If yes then try the accelerator pump adjustment. If that still doesn’t help then the main jests may have been redone incorrectly or are not clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will check the pump when I get some help. Tough doing these adjustments alone in the boat. Better to have someone looking at the carb while it is not performing properly. Thanks
    99 Outback LS

I di some adjustments and got the stumble out up to 3600 or so under load. Still is not running right and sounds a bit off. I will get a timing light and get my mechanic to tweak the carb. I ski at 36 or about 3800 on my tach so I want to get this smoothed out before I ski with it. Most likely the timing is off a bit. I may advance it and see if that helps, or just try and find the sweet spot.

I will report back after that. Thanks for all your help and suggestions, I learned a lot about my boat.
    99 Outback LS

Added some fuel treatment and advanced the timing a bit. It seems to come out of the hole better than before. I think the last carb rebuild used the wrong power valve. Runs right up to 4000 now. Still a little skip and stumble and a fuel drop off, but then it comes back. Running much better every time I take it out. Carb tweaks should put me back behind the boat in a few days. Thanks for all the help.
    99 Outback LS

I went through two electronic ignition modules separated by a decade. The second one cost me a carburetor rebuild which was probably needed anyway. Both times mine ran very unpredictable.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Thanks......I have a mechanic coming to tune the carb this week. I added sea foam and some heat to the fuel and it is running smoother up to 4000 + rpm. Slight stumble on startup....and the idle is tough to set. May need a timing check and a few tweaks. I will post again. Thanks
    99 Outback LS

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBoy View Post
    Thanks......I have a mechanic coming to tune the carb this week. I added sea foam and some heat to the fuel and it is running smoother up to 4000 + rpm. Slight stumble on startup....and the idle is tough to set. May need a timing check and a few tweaks. I will post again. Thanks
    Any update here? i have a similar issue that remains a mystery to me, im about in the same place as you. looking at the carb.
    2002 mobius LSV
    Lake Minnetonka, MN