Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: music in boats

Default music in boats

i was skiin the other day and these four wannabe 'gangstas' pulled up in their malibu. now im not one for the big boats like the mals (tugboats as they are known oin my family) but im also not one to knock ones tastes and opinions.... BUT when one turns up in the beautiful river that is my back yard and starts blaring out 50 cent it kinda really aggravates me. bare in mind im 15, not 45. am i the only on that thinks like this?...

Default Re: music in boats

Quote Originally Posted by village_idiot1991
    i was skiin the other day and these four wannabe 'gangstas' pulled up in their malibu. now im not one for the big boats like the mals (tugboats as they are known oin my family) but im also not one to knock ones tastes and opinions.... BUT when one turns up in the beautiful river that is my back yard and starts blaring out 50 cent it kinda really aggravates me. bare in mind im 15, not 45. are you sure you didn't get your age backwards am i the only on that thinks like this?...

Or maybe there is a 1 missing in front of the 15...
    I love the loud tunes in the boat...

Sorry man can't say I agree with you here..For some reason It seems that this is more about the choice of music rather than the volume.

NOT just you. Rude, stupid, selfish and inconsiderate people have nothing to do with boat manufacturers, I have seen them in all brands.

I will say that the "freedom" a boat gives seems to polarize people into two groups - those trying to get away from the noise, and those blowing off steam. The two are hard to keep together. Basic upbringing should allow everyone to realize they are not the only ones on the lake. Give the wakeboarders their time to run a few laps, with music loud enough for the rider to hear, then allow the slalom guys a few runs without the noise or the rollers.

If we don't police ourselves, then we will get traffic lights on the lake.

-J

Great point Joe!

We have some lakes in my area that have always been popular with fishermen. A couple of years back some big board boats were taking early morning sets at full ballast and full volume. They stopped to switch riders and their tower speakers mysteriously exploded. I guess a .223 round can quiet even the loudest of sound systems.
    I personally like to have the music loud enough for me to hear when driving, but if the rider can hear it, so can the rest of the lake. When their favorite tunes are full of foul language, they should be kept at a lower volume.

Just my $0.02

Dave

hey dont get me wrong, some of those big boats you guys like i dont even mind myself but i think dave summed up what i was tryin to say well. foul language just doesnt fit in on the water, not with families like mine with little kids. i would be just as unhappy if they turned up with that music in a 21ft bullet. but then again each to his own, i go down the street with a loud car and old ladies shake their heads so who am i to judge them! and the 1 infron of the 15, i listen to red hot chills, and my old man wants to shoot me for it so go easy!

Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

garth brooks! arrghhhh! my whole family is crazy (i think im adopted)
    him, adam harvey, keith urban, toby keith...... their all the same but ill never have that problem skiin coz my old man is too tight to put a stereo in the boat even if i wanted one. ive now decided that in my opinion 50 cent and all his lead headed mates dont belong anywhere apart from jap rice burners, but thats just my opinoin!

Easy brother. Live and let live. I don't like 50 cent much either. I do love boarding to loud music though. I feel most everyone around me does not. I also know others are on the water before and after I am. To this day, I'm not convinced the money I spent on my stereo was justified.