Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Phase 5 model x for a hydrid all around for molded boards , lots of fin configurations for surf or skim . used or blem 450 to 800

custom surf style, try Parkersurf craft and soulcraft others will chime in too, 800 Plus
    The Model X is a great board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Does anyone know anything about the Phase 5 Diamond CL? Is that to much of a beginner board? Or is it a pretty good intermediate to advanced board?
    2004 Mobius LS

Quote Originally Posted by twisters6 View Post
    Does anyone know anything about the Phase 5 Diamond CL? Is that to much of a beginner board? Or is it a pretty good intermediate to advanced board?

if it has the 3 fin configuration it will be a good crossover board, for Int to advanced if just the single it will be skim style all the way and advanced IMHO
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Does anyone on here ride Ronix? if so what is a good Ronix to ride?
    Ronix Fish Skim Modello
    Ronix Super Sonic Space Odyssey Powertail
    Ronix Thruster 2 Koal Technora
    Ronix Thumbtail Koal Technora
    Ronix Marshmellow Thrasher
    Ronix Surf Skimmer Orange Honeycomb
    2004 Mobius LS

My son rides the Ronix Super Space Odyssey Powertail and my buddy has the Ronix Skim Skater Honeycomb and Ronix Marshmallow. All good boards. We had an early Koal design (all black board) and it was slow as shit.

They have really come a long way in surfboard designs since they first started.

Question is; what kind of board and surfing style do you like?

2017 Moomba Craz

I am fairly new to surfing I have a very beginner surf board. I think I'd like to stay with the surf style but get something a bit faster that lets me be able to do some good cutting as well.

Not sure I have the skill yet for a loose riding skim style board.
    2004 Mobius LS

I am fairly new to surfing I have a very beginner surf board. I think I'd like to stay with the surf style but get something a bit faster that lets me be able to do some good cutting as well.

I have a Ronix Potbelly Rocket, my daughter and buddy's daughter have the Super Sonic Space Odyssey Powertail (they're kids/small rider boards), and my buddy just got a used Ronix The Blender.

My Rocket is just that - super fast, and especially with all 3 fins on. It's a little looser with just the center fin, but the rails turn down into the water, so I'm thinking 360s will be pretty much impossible on it.

I rode his Blender, and it is FUN. Fast, pretty easy to break loose, and seems like it would be able to do 360s pretty easily. If I had it to do over, I'd probably buy it instead of the Rocket.
    2019 Supra SL450

Fastest board I have ridden to date is the Phase 5 Aku. People say it’s a skin but I question that. It’s too thick and rides more like surf style and has two big surf fins on it. Like I said super fast and you can slash with it like a samurai.

2017 Moomba Craz

Try the hyperlite HIFI its a fast skim style board but still very stable with 3 fins best way to explain its like driving a corvette you know if you give it to much gas she’ll send you spinning side ways but you take it easy and cruise and it’ll cruise all day long

My wife is a beginner rider and she loves the hifi and it’ll let her grow into it.

I’m a big dude so I run the liquid force sixer fast board, with 2 fins lets me get some nice cuts in but feel limited on what I can do with it I got it on clearance from evo for 200 bucks only reason I got it

Have you asked your dealer to demo a board

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

Thanks for the information edo! Sounds like the Hifi is what I’m looking for. Now to find one for a reasonable price.

2004 Mobius LS