Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EZ Cruise?

Default EZ Cruise on Carb engine

Good afternoon, I have a 2006 Outback (not V-drive or LS model) it is a 325 Carb engine. Will the Moomba EZ Cruise work on my boat? Is it a plug-n-play, meaning would the wiring harness have the connection plug already integrated?

Thanks for any thoughts.

I know this thread is from a long time ago but the only one I could find on the subject.

Repost, curious again about EZ Cruise installing on a Carb engine.

Check your throttle linkage. If it has throttle by wire then yes Moomba EZ cruise would be compatible. If it has a cable all the way back to the helm then look at this
    https://www.hydrophase.com
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

EZ Cruise sucks. Get Perfectpass. You will never regret it.
    Garn
    2007 Mobius LS (Direct Drive)

Quote Originally Posted by VA LSV View Post
    Check your throttle linkage. If it has throttle by wire then yes Moomba EZ cruise would be compatible. If it has a cable all the way back to the helm then look at this
    https://www.hydrophase.com
    ^^ hydrophase is an excellent system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here are some advantages of RPM based speed control. I installed PP on my last boat and almost exclusively used RPM mode but had the option to use speedo based control with a paddle wheel. With RPM mode, speed is more constant in turns, even in subtle turns adjusting your line where GPS or paddle wheel will send a false change of speed signal. If you ride in a body of water with any current, a paddle wheel based control will work as will an RPM based control, but a GPS unit will need to be adjusted depending if you run with or against current which means you will need to adjust speed every time you turn around and this will quickly become annoying when riding a river. Lastly a GPS based control will go bananas if you ride under any structures like a bridge.

Now you do loose a little precision with RPM mode when riding in a straight line, but the loss of precision is subtle, maybe +/- .25 mph when wakeboarding and less variance when surfing. Most riders will not notice any difference unless you are towing on the edge of the lowest speed to get a clean wake/wave.
    '14 Mojo 2.5

Looking for a charter cruise on Sydney Harbour? Choose from popular luxury vessels, private decks, or party cruises with Sydney Harbour Charter Cruises. Whether it be for hosting a private party; a wedding, birthday or special event celebration; or a corporate party, business functions or conference… you’ll find the perfect vessel here!

With options as varied as standing cocktail, standing buffet, sitting buffet or formal dining and modern facilities like A/V system & event planner available, there is a charter cruise to meet every requirement!