Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EZ Cruise?

Default EZ Cruise?

I noticed that on new Moombas, the "E-Z Cruise Speed Control" is an option. Is this available aftermarket, and if so, is it more economic than PerfectPass? Does it integrate (or offered by) with he Keiser Medallion gauges somehow?

By the way, the new Moomba website is BEAUTIFUL, good job guys!

Just get PerfectPass - you will be glad you did

What are Keiser Medallion gauges?
    Google did not give the answer?

Rusten: E-Z Cruise is a basic RPM based cruise control. It IS available aftermarket, and I beleive is standard on all LS/LSV model boats this year. It was the engine that was the integration point, NOT the gauge package. The 325 HP Indmar is throttle by wire, and therefore the integration of cruise was very simple, so they added it as a feature.
    It will do a nice job of basic speed holding, but you have to set it ahead of time, each time you go out and it not true speed holding. Perfect pass has true speed and rpm based speed holding, and adds adjustments for ballast, pull "feel", and many more. It also has memory so once you set a speed, you can give it a name and return to it. "Bob - Slalom" "Jane Wakeboard" "Bobby - Tube" etc.

MVD - Kysor / Medallion is a gauge manufacturer - Medallion Instrumentation Systems actually (Kysor Industrial purchased them in 1986) Skiers Choice uses Beede brand gauges mostly, but Medallion has recently been integrating perfect pass into their gauge packages. They just built a complete digital dash for Malibu boats. The package Rusten is talking about is probably the one on Supra Boats this year. Not the complete digital dash of the malibu, but pretty damn cool.

more here:
    http://www.medallionis.com/products/...n&type=display

Hope this helps,

Joe

Like Joe said, get PerfectPass

Brian Raymond Guest

The E-Z cruise is only available on the '06 and '07 model Moombas. This is due to the updated electronics on the fuel injected motors with cable assisted throttle by wire only. This is a nice package, but it is rpm based, and not adjustable to speed and load. Unfortunately, this system will not work with the older ('99-2000) Kysor system. Brian Raymond

Default E-Z Cruise

I had Perfect Pass on my 04 Outback and loved it. I got my 07 LSV a couple months ago and decided to try the E-Z cruise before buying Perfect Pass (since E-Z cruise was "free"). E-Z cruise does a much better job than I was expecting. Perfect Pass has some advantages as other people have pointed out, but we had over 2000 lbs of ballast in the boat (both rear lockers full, ski locker full, and a full bow) and E-Z cruise held speed as well as Perfect Pass did on my other boat. Perfect Pass has some nicer features, but to me, the price different isn't worth it and I will continue to use E-Z cruise. These comments apply to wakeboarding; I can't speak for skiing.

Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

Default E-Z Cruise

I believe E-Z Cruise is available because of the electronics and fuel injection characteristics of the new motors (and therefore wouldn't be available for your boat). I'd recommend getting Perfect Pass. I didn't pay for Perfect Pass because E-Z cruise comes standard on the 07 LSV and I wanted to test it first, but if I didn't have either option and had to pay for one of them, it would be Perfect Pass. I added it to my 04 Outback and it worked great.

I have the EZ on my 06 Outback. It does a decent job of holding the speed, especially when I am being pulled by someone other than my regular driver. We tend to trade on and off a lot each driver is a little different. I haven't skied behind a perfect pass boat, but this basic speed control does work well, especially for the cost. It was a standard feature with my motor, the 325.