Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Just saying, I bet it’s longer than you think! Each time you skip back a little, I see some hints of a longer pocket. When you drift back, you also have to drift out to stay in the meat.

Maybe not I guess, but I bet it’s money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So I don't surf in the ocean, or ride a skateboard, hence the learning curve here. I actually picked it up faster than I thought I would but wanted to clarify:

If I go back further, get wider to stay in the "push"?
    2018 Moomba Max. Well optioned. 1st in CA.

Nothing fancy—just realize that the wave is emanating from the boat at an angle. So as you drift further back, the strong part of the wave is further out (laterally) as well.

Lots of folks drift back trying to surf further back, end up riding up the wave face to the top (because they didn’t widen out too) and then fall out.

It has nothing to do with boarding, ocean surfing, or anything. Most of us probably were the same as you.

Before you declare your wave “too short”, spend some time with the rope in hand dropping back a little while you widen out a little. You will likely find adequate push 5-7-9’ back from where you’re currently hanging out. Very common to think that’s the only area that is “pushing”.

Also, rather than thinking of it as push, think of it as a hill—which is what it really is. As long as you’re pointing your board “down the hill” you’re getting push. The trick is, DIRECTLY down the hill will send you out to the flats and hence you will fall out. Think of that as a right turn with the nose for a goofy rider. If you are on the top of the wave and feel like you’re gonna fall out, quickly point the board “down the hill” by turning briefly to the right. But once you harvest that speed, turn back into the wave and correct to an equilibrium again. If you turn back too much, you will ride up the hill and off the top of the wave.

It’s a CONSTANT balancing act of heading downhill enough to keep speed, but not too much.

Keep the rope and explore this. Gently massaging small downhill pressure to keep speed. Never freeze or stand still, because it’s not a static situation.

Keep playing! You have a sweet boat and likely a sweet wave too.

Also—Just noticed this—move your front foot more toward the toe edge of the board. The body weight has to be going through your toes much of the time.

Creep closer to this line...

Dakota, I was just about to say the same thing. Badger, get that front foot more towards that wave and also square it up like your back foot. Riding in that open stance is putting you at a mechanical disadvantage by keeping your hips and shoulders open to the boat instead of your lead shoulder pointed at the boat. Pull up a few videos of good riders and look at their feet, they may not be to the edge of the board, because they are really good, but their feet will be squared to the wave. You are doing great man, keep it up. Always learning we are.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Always learning we are.

And don't be scared to wakeboard that beast!!!
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Help you I can...
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

it also appears to me that you're putting a ton of weight on your rear foot and aren't really balanced on the board. your rear leg is bearing all the weight and the front leg is straightened out more with less input. You're not able to be relaxed on the board and are having to really work making that board move around. your inputs can smooth out if you get your stance right.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com