Default Swim Platform pad coming up

i know some others have had issues with the swim platform pad coming up. What do you guys recommend to glue it back down? Trying to make it to winterization before filing a warranty with the dealer 3.5 hours away.
    2016 Moomba Helix
    Brittany Blue and Gunmetal Flake
    Full Wetsounds Upgrade
    1100 FatSacs

Contact cement, the non water based version.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Default Swim Platform pad is coming up

If your pad is still under waranty, get it replaced now!

We spent the last 2 years having the dealer glue our pad back down. Both times it was only maybe one or two spots along the edge, maybe a couple inches long. Didn't really think it was going to be an issue. Two/three months into this season and the edges have come up almost all around the perimeter. Since the platform pad is now out of warranty, Moomba is not willing to help us out. The dealer attempted to talk to them. Cost to replace the pad is $487 for the part, $350 for labor! $837!!

Wonder if we are going to have to replace this every 3 or 4 years? Has anyone else had this experience?
    Kim

2014 Mojo

Ours did the same thing (curled edges) and I just fixed it with gorilla glue, a few boards and clamps to hold it down while drying/curing. Held this season so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ---
    2014 Moomba Mobius LSV
    1100 Rears | 500 Center | 500 IBS | Straight Line Sumo 325 BOW
    ACME 1617 (4 Blade 14" X 13.75")

Auto Flow 2.0 or EIGHT.3 RONIX BLADE 138
    P5 Hammerhead

Rockford Fosgate PMX-5CAN | PMX-1R
    (Coming Soon: Rev 8s and FAE)

Quote Originally Posted by no_hurry View Post
    Ours did the same thing (curled edges) and I just fixed it with gorilla glue, a few boards and clamps to hold it down while drying/curing. Held this season so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just got my boat and all sides were coming up. I have glued/clamped the 3 outers but have not done the inside... will have to pull the deck. So far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by kpastrick View Post
    If your pad is still under waranty, get it replaced now!

We spent the last 2 years having the dealer glue our pad back down. Both times it was only maybe one or two spots along the edge, maybe a couple inches long. Didn't really think it was going to be an issue. Two/three months into this season and the edges have come up almost all around the perimeter. Since the platform pad is now out of warranty, Moomba is not willing to help us out. The dealer attempted to talk to them. Cost to replace the pad is $487 for the part, $350 for labor! $837!!

Wonder if we are going to have to replace this every 3 or 4 years? Has anyone else had this experience?
    You can replace the pads yourself.

Just pull the old one off, use a glue remover that isn't too violent.

Lay the old one in place, use Gorilla glue and tape one side in place exactly where you want it. Lift the pad, peel the backing and slowly lay it in place.

This is pretty much how the dealer does it and it takes less then an hour to do the entire thing.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thank-you! We have some shrinkage going on, as well. Moomba and our dealer are going to help us out, here. But the next time it starts to happen, we'll take your advice.
    Kim

2014 Mojo

Thank-you for everyone's responses.

Kim
    Kim

2014 Mojo