Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Walls caving in from SACs

Anybody else experiencing this? I know some of the '16 and '17's didn't have reinforced walls, my '18 came from the factory with the steel plates in the wall, however the floor channels are made of PVC, and the screws pull/break through after my 3rd use. Both sides of my walls are caving into the engine, factory ballasts. These pics are right after ballasts were emptied, opened locker and this is what I saw (other than I moved the bag over to see the wall channel better), but the walls were pushed in as you can see.

I'll be talking with my dealer, seeing if SC has an upgrade for this. Seems like the channel should have been bade of aluminum, not plastic.

2018 Mojo Pro
    Intense Green

I didn't know they were plastic!! Mine haven't broken yet, but I'm abusing them... One has popped out once but it didn't permanently damage anything. The reinforcement parts on the 18's are aluminum (I think). I was considering making a set out of stainless with a thicker section depth (not thicker material, but deeper pocket) to help stiffen up the panel itself. I didn't know the channel in the base was plastic though... Aluminum would have been a much better choice...
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

just buy aluminum L channel and mount to the floor ... easy fix
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by 2018MojoPro View Post
    Anybody else experiencing this? I know some of the '16 and '17's didn't have reinforced walls, my '18 came from the factory with the steel plates in the wall, however the floor channels are made of PVC, and the screws pull/break through after my 3rd use. Both sides of my walls are caving into the engine, factory ballasts. These pics are right after ballasts were emptied, opened locker and this is what I saw (other than I moved the bag over to see the wall channel better), but the walls were pushed in as you can see.

I'll be talking with my dealer, seeing if SC has an upgrade for this. Seems like the channel should have been bade of aluminum, not plastic.
    My Craz did this earlier this season when I switched to Enzos. My panels had the factory reinforcement but I added the Wakemakers panel saver kit and I braced the floor channels on the motor side with aluminum L brackets.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    This is exactly what I just had to do a few weeks back as well. Went out once since the mod and it seems to work. With 1100's my reinforced panels (with the WM kit) were jumping the bottom channel almost every outing.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

I also had to do this about a month ago. I did away with the plastic channel and put 1/2 inch aluminum channel in its place. Works good so far.
    2017 Moomba Craz
    Max Surf edition
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X

Same.. Also the hidden compartment where the pumps are will break lose too.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    That is exactly what I did. I was even able to find a piece at Lowe’s that was the right length. The back side (toward the engine needs to be a bit taller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

I just noticed this on mine yesterday. I have the F24 1600lb sacs though so I am not that surprised. I will look for the L bracket when I get home this week. Is it possible to bolt the L to the floor, or are screws the best option?
    2002 Supra Santera (SOLD)
    2017 Moomba Mojo Pro Vivid Orange
    (1595lb wakemakers in the lockers)

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    I just noticed this on mine yesterday. I have the F24 1600lb sacs though so I am not that surprised. I will look for the L bracket when I get home this week. Is it possible to bolt the L to the floor, or are screws the best option?
    I marked and drilled the same partner that was in the existing channel. I do not recall if I used longer screws or the factory screws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there