Default Guessing how much fuel you have.

Long story short I want out on Saturday and then Wednesday. On Wednesday after about 3 hours of surfing my fuel gauge was showing E no biggie want home fast forward Sunday it only took 34 gallons to fill the boat up completely. So my question is short of filling up every week how do you guys judge the fuel level since it’s constantly moving up and down( or is mine broken). A car obvious use miles. Is the true fuel level it just sitting still with all the ballast empty? Are the tanks on our boats like car tanks that uses a transfer pump so no matter what angle your at it’ll keep fuel going or is it just smack down in the center etc thanks for the input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

The sending units are simple floats, so yes, anytime your boat is not level, the fuel level at that measurement point changes. I think you just have to get used to your gauge... I know on ours that when we are surfing and the bow is up, anything under 1/2 tank on the gauge really means "fill up soon". Also, like your miles on a car analogy, we have hours. If you start tracking it, you'll learn approximately how many gallons per hour you burn but be warned it varies much more than mileage on a car. I easily burn 2x the fuel surfing than I do cruising.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

My mojo fits about 14 gallons after the initial click out at the fuel pump. the last 14 gallons takes forever to fill but its worth it for me since i can make it a full weekend if the tank is actually full.
    2016 Mojo

Yeah I’ve only owned the boat since March. And last Saturday was really the first time I had it loaded down 8 adults 2 kids 4 coolers and surfing so when Wednesday came around and it started reading empty sort of figured it was empty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig