Default Just bought my new Outback and I Love It!!!

Hey all,
    I'm writing from Afghanistan where I am about half way through my tour here. While I was home on leave I bought a new '06 Outback and I freaking love it! My wife actually was excited about the boat before I even got home and I'm the waterskier in the family. Who am I to not let my wife's wishes come true and buy a new ski boat...
    Turns out my local dealer (A&S Boats in South Windsor, CT) had a demo that he had loaded up with options so as not to sell right away because his demo boats were being sold out before he could get them from the factory. Well, the boat had everything that I was looking for and more-most importantly, it was already broken in so I didn't need to worry about it while on my two weeks-a brand new turn-key ski machine. He gave me an awesome deal and the whole experience was great.
    Now my goal is to get the factory tower, lights and speakers, and auxillary battery installed before I get home for good. I can't wait for spring, and it's not just about getting home!
    Glad to be a part of the Moomba family.
    Sean
    06 Moomba Outback
    and lovin' every minute of it...

Well,

Thanks for serving. I hope your get home date holds. I know more than a few folks that have had that slip a bit. The worst is the Army. The best at holding the date is the Air Force (IMHO). Be sure the dealer through in winterizing. I would suspect your wife is not up for that. If you have kids search for my posts on toys.

Summary – get good stuff. Knee boards – O’brian Airrageous (1999 if you can find it), love my hinge bindings for the board. Life jackets on line in January at about $39 – I like the Liquid Force. Monster Tube (Overton’s) - $100 best tube for the money – Spex goggles – all else are junk IMHO. Rash guard shirts – anyone around $15.

Get a coated anchor and chain. Bumpers – I use 4. I use the bungee tie offs during the day – rope at night.

See, lots to still shop for!

Stay safe,

SD2

Hey CT Skier, we are glad to have you guys in the Moomba family. Be careful over there, and thanks for serving. Jay Warren

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. Hopefully our return date will hold and I'll be home by May. My baby is safely winterized and under a King Canopy lagged into the driveway at home. Just gotta keep reminding the wife to knock the snow off of the canopy and I should be good to go.

Ed, I might just take you up on the ticket offer if the timing works out for the Jamboree and I can convince my wife (She wants to go to Mexico or the Caribbean-maybe I can work in a trip to Ski Paradise....)

Thanks again everyone-I really appreciate the support!!
    Sean
    06 Moomba Outback

SD2, why the coated vs the uncoated anchor (aside from the obvious gel-coat scratch danger and the possibility of rust staining)?

I have a ton of toys-this is my second boat. My first (83 MC 19 skier) was truly a hole in the water that I was throwing time and money into. I loved that boat, but it was costing more to repair and maintain than it was to run it. Besides, my wife wanted the bow rider, and I wanted the modern buttery wake. Gotta love the combination of family boat/performance boat....

Of course, the kids are young, and we will need to upgrade their equipment as they outgrow it....
    Sean
    06 Moomba Outback

Hey CT, we would love to have you at the owner's reunion, but if you must go to mexico. Go to ClubMed Cancun, they have 2 outbacks that run all day everyday there. The resort has also been rebuilt after the hurricane and is in primo shape. Kill 2 birds with one stone. That was probably not a good metaphor to use in your case. Stay in touch. Jay Warren

Hey Jay,

Any other resorts that use Moomba? It would be nice to have a list.

Jay, thanks for the info! I passed it on to my wife (who laughed at the fact that we are planning HER vacation around where the Moombas are!)

Personally, I would rather stay in the good old USA and enjoy the Jamboree-I kinda miss our country and our culture-and my lake lifestyle!!
    Oh well, She is sacrificing as much as I am and I owe it to her-hopefully she will see the savings in a FLA vacation...(timing permitting.)

Speaking of Vacation, we are also looking at vacationing in Gatlinburg sometime this summer. I was thinking that since Maryville is so close, maybe we would come up. Do you offer factory tours? I'd sure like to see how my boat was made first-hand...
    Sean
    06 Moomba Outback