Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Honestly, every single brand new boat I've ever been around had some little thing that the dealer needed to address... They're low volume, hand built, complicated machines!
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

I agree with that. Unfortunately this guys dealer didn't thoroughly check out the connection between truck and boat before he drove off the lot.
    2003 Outback Sold (went to Oklahoma)

2009 Outback V Sold (stayed in Florida)

Default Issue with 2018 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Geary View Post
    I agree with that. Unfortunately this guys dealer didn't thoroughly check out the connection between truck and boat before he drove off the lot.
    Keep in mind the buyer has the responsibility to make sure his truck electrical works with the new trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Oh absolutely he has that responsibility.

Fortunately, when I bought my Moomba's (Outback and Outback V), I had a dealer that gave me an hour long orientation and actually took my truck and boat for a test run to the lake. Made sure everything was perfect before I started home.

Watersports of Central Florida. The downturn in the economy killed them and with them went awesome customer service for Orlando.

P.S. meant to state ...Oh absolutely he has that responsibility. I also think that the dealer has the responsibility to make sure the trailer works with the tow vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Geary View Post
    P.S. meant to state ...Oh absolutely he has that responsibility. I also think that the dealer has the responsibility to make sure the trailer works with the tow vehicle
    You are speculating the trailer was bad. At $100/hour for an employee to make a person's vehicle work is costly to the company so they "assume" their trailer is working normally with the testing done at the manufacturer.
    Last edited by zabooda; 07-17-2018 at 01:44 PM.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I am speculating that the problem and the cause should have been identified before the guy left the dealers lot.

We had the same problem on our 2017 Mojo. Found out the blue wire that overrides the surge brakes was pinched by the swing arm on the tongue. I would check the wiring there. Hope the helps
    2017 Moomba MOJO Surf
    400 Raptor
    Auto wake
    1100 lb rear ballast
    My 4th boat but 1st V drive

My truck actually had a blown fuse that controlled the part of the 7 pin that overrides the surge brakes. Had never used the 7 pin connector either. Took a bit to figure that one out
    2016 Moomba Helix
    Brittany Blue and Gunmetal Flake
    Full Wetsounds Upgrade
    1100 FatSacs