Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Replace tower speakers 2016 Mondo

First time poster. I am afraid I blew the speakers on my 2016 Mondo. I started to do research on replacement and then looked closer to my speaker mounts. It appears that the speakers mount to a flat metal piece welded between the tower tubes. Most marine tower speakers have mounts that attach to tower tube. Looking for ideas to replace. Would like 6x9 or 8 inch replacements. I also noticed that the attachment into the speaker can is almost like a CAT 6 plug (I know it isnt) that runs the speaker wires into the can, rather than simply exposing a positive and negative leads. Does this plug also run power that can be used for speakers with integrated LED lighting?

Looking to replace both towers for $250-$350 total. Any advice is appreciated. I have attached a couple of pictures.
    IMG_1323.jpgIMG_7654.jpg

Default Replace tower speakers 2016 Mondo

For that price I would look at pair f the 6.5” Krypt HLCD speakers. They should fit into the same cans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

You will not find a speaker and enclosure combo worth buying with that budget. As suggested, putting some krypt hlcd's in your current cans is probably the best option IMO. I have the 7.7 krypt hlcd's and they are very impressive. Kicker might have something to fit in those cans, but going with another 6.5 coaxial is probably just a waste of time and money.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

krypt will be a direct replacement and and hlcd
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/KRYPT-6-5-H...sid=m570.l1313
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I would call Roswell and get the replacements through them before buying Krypt speakers.
    2018 Supra SL550
    2017 Supra SE450

I went with kicker 8 and 6.5 in krypt cans. cant see it very well but the factory holes in flat plate between the tubes on tower matched with the holes in new cans, wires run through centre of mount on krypt cans. If you gently pull wire out of tower that plug you mentioned is only on about a foot of wire then spliced to wires in tower.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz

Default Bought the Krypt Speakers... now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    For that price I would look at pair f the 6.5” Krypt HLCD speakers. They should fit into the same cans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    OK, I bought the 6.5 Krypt speakers. The mounting bracket is too narrow at the end to accommodate these speakers. Where can I get different mounting brackets? Also, see pics below. What is the separate electronic module that came with each speaker? Many thanks for the advice and help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bought the Krypt Speakers... now what?
    Retailer is always the best first source for assistance with the product. Ken @ [email protected] seems to be the only contact info

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Retailer is always the best first source for assistance with the product. Ken @ [email protected] seems to be the only contact info
    That is the the crossover that separates the high and low frequencies from the horn and the Woofer. They MUST be used to ensure that only the high frequency is supplied to the horn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    That is the the crossover that separates the high and low frequencies from the horn and the Woofer. They MUST be used to ensure that only the high frequency is supplied to the horn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Should let JCWCVJ know, he's the one asking. I on the other hand, know what it is