Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes, G6 ballast is a must have. My boat fills 4200 lbs is 7 or 8 minutes! For wakeboarding it's kind of the key to autowake handling tuning the wake. I rode behind a friend's '17 with 3 pumps last year, and we just plain didn't use autowake because it was too slow. On my boat, I fill ballast roughly to where I want it, then I run at wake speed with autowake on for about 30s before jumping in the water and the boat has it all leveled out before my first pull! It handles slight changes from people moving around and me getting out of the boat in it's predictive "Static Autowake" mode.

I intended to order my boat without any stereo options, but then a mixup at the dealer got me the tower speakers at no cost! I'm still slightly underwhelmed with them, if i were paying for them I'd be more upset...

The options that I can't live without:
    All of the wake options - G6, Flow, Autowake (in that order if you have to choose)
    Bimini with surf pockets - my surf boards NEVER go in the board racks now, they ride WAY better in the bimini
    Rear stereo controls (would be a PITA to add later)
    HEAT - Even though it's 90F most days we're out, upper 70's at sunset when you're wet gets chilly! We seriously use it nearly every time we're out!
    Nonskid on the gunnels
    Rear tubs (on the Max, I don't have them on the Craz and am supremely jealous)
    Transom steps on the trailer

Things I got and won't get next time:
    Audio options
    The Cooler - it sucks
    I might research doing my own board racks, just because of the swivels. I had the Roswell MAGs on my old boat and they were far superior to whatever Moomba uses. I didn't notice a surf rope wrapped around an empty board rack and pulled my brother up and broke the latch on a rack. it has a sacrificial part that is easy to replace, but the MAGs would not have done that...
    Also, probably upgrade to clamping board racks

Oh, and Dove Grey turned out much darker and HOTTER than I ever dreamed.
    Last edited by korey; 07-17-2018 at 10:36 AM.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Thanks for the replies, I ended up ordering all the wake stuff including G6. I didn’t order any extra stereo and I chose to add the new decal.
    Ordered 2019 Moomba Max
    2013 MB F21 Tomcat
    2008 Malibu LSV23
    2003 Centurion EliteV
    2001 Lewis Eclipse V

Would be great to know the price you locked in at to give us a ballpark on costs.

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    I was surfing on a Max last week for the first time... Make sure you get out surfing - the surf wave is amazing! I've surfed on Centurion RI217/237/257 and also the Nautigue G23, as well as Supreme 238, Mastercraft X20, Malibu XLV and my LSV and I gotta say, I was skeptical at first, but the wave is probably one of my fav's. RI257 is my absolute fav, but the Max I was on was seriously top notch and a solid second fav wave - and probably around ~100k cheaper than RI257. It had the stock ballast and an extra 750's on each side, plus 1000 pounds up front, so it was LOADED with weight, and the surf wave was really good..

Enjoy!! If it was in the budget the Max would be my top choice...
    And what about the Wakeboard wake ? Do you know if you can pull out an big, solip ramp out of that MAX fully loaded ? I'm looking forward to buy an moomba MAX next week but i need advice before cause i do more wakeboard than Surf. I've heard the wake is like an nautique 230 or so, is that real ?

I too would love to hear about the wakeboard wake as we spend most time wakeboarding. In the end I added on top of all the ballast and wake options, the wake prop, gator deck, surf pipe, Bimini, Titan swivel racks, dual batteries and the new decal. I will upgrade the extra stereo gear on my own.
    Ordered 2019 Moomba Max
    2013 MB F21 Tomcat
    2008 Malibu LSV23
    2003 Centurion EliteV
    2001 Lewis Eclipse V