Thread: Swim Deck Issue

Default Swim Deck Issue

Good evening everyone,

I have had my 2013 Moomba Outback V for 3 years now and the biggest complaint I have is my swim deck. It has been a problem each year. The deck sits so low on the boat that, when surfing, the water pushes the deck up. The first year, the screws that hold the deck to the angle bracket pulled through. I could tell that it wasn't the first time and it had been repaired with fiberglass before. Epoxy repaired it and lasted the rest of the summer. The next year, the repair didn't last. I had my local boat shop take of the rubber cover off and put bolts through the deck and into the angle bracket and then put the rubber cover back on. That lasted until Tuesday. Now the actual angle bracket bottom hole has worn through and the deck lifts up again!! I need a new angle bracket, but has anyone else had this problem with their 2013 outback V? Is it because I have upgraded my ballasts from factory to the 900 lbs ones? I'm thinking of putting a 4-5 inch thick piece of metal between the bracket and the swim deck to lift it up higher. Any other ideas would be welcome. I could also raise the metal holders that the angle bracket fits into on the boat, but I think they are where the hull is designed to put them.

Please help!! Might be my last moomba. My local boat $hop keep$ trying to $ell me a Malibu$$$$.

Jon Hathaway

I'm a Supra boat owner, but whenI I installed my surf tabs, the actuators were hitting the bottom of my surf platform.

I installed a strip of HDPE material on top of the brackets. That solved my issue. It was only 1" or so.

Guess my questions would be, with the added ballast, how much is the platform digging into the water?

In 2010, is that platform smooth on the bottom? Top is like the bottom of the platform? Some older models have a lip or edge on the bottom that digs into the wake. Newer swim platforms have less friction.

Don't dump yor boat. Does an Axis line interest you?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

The bottom is not smooth--definitely has a lip. I am ankle deep in water when fully loaded with ballasts and boys (and girls too, but I have 3 sons so mostly boys). Probably 3-4 inches of HDPE would work--and some reconfiguring of the bottom of the deck. When going at 20 mph, the deck is out of the water entirely, at 9.4 mph, you can surf onto the deck and back off again--pretty fun to do really.

I like the HDPE idea. Thank you.

Good luck.

Mine looks like this. Blue boat. Post #7 shows how the platform sits 1" higher than my buddy'sbred boat when parked at the dock.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...7&share_type=t

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400