Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does anyone use a rapid hitch?

So I got a new truck with a lift and decided to get an aluminum rapid hitch. Has anyone used one or know someone who has? I already bought it and started to get concerned after I saw a photo online of one broken from the hitch when they were towing a mastercraft, although I think the truck wasn't as tall as mine and they hit the ground with the hitch.
    Just towing an 08 moomba mobius lsv
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    325 ASSAULT

Andersen makes good hitches, but yes I’ve heard of some failures with the aluminum ones. One of them though the guys wife backed into a concrete barrier and bent it. Then it failed. Seems like most of the failures happen after a pretty good shock.
    If you have the option to return it, I highly recommend the BW stow n tow. Best hitch I’ve ever owned. I love that I can flip it up under the truck and have a big steel Prius catcher still and not bang my shins on a ball when I’m not paying attention. Lol
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

And I don’t want it to sound like I’m dogging Andersen... my parents use them and my sister towing her $100k 3 day event horses all around Arizona.
    I’m just not a fan of aluminum in general. When it gets worked it can fatigue just as any metal can, aluminum is just soft. Aircraft have a life span, I think aluminum hitches should too! Lol
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

What weight capacity is it rated for? You are only as safe as the weakest link in your hitch set up,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I had the 10" drop rapid hitch for a couple of years before it got stolen, at the dealer of all places when a recall was being done, 10k rating and pushed it all the time with no issues. The aluminum ones do make a guy a little leery, but it lasted way longer than the weight safe that replaced it, that one only made it a year, and now back to running another 10" drop rapid hitch. 10k on 2 5/16 ball and 8k on 2" ball
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    I had the 10" drop rapid hitch for a couple of years before it got stolen, at the dealer of all places when a recall was being done, 10k rating and pushed it all the time with no issues. The aluminum ones do make a guy a little leery, but it lasted way longer than the weight safe that replaced it, that one only made it a year, and now back to running another 10" drop rapid hitch. 10k on 2 5/16 ball and 8k on 2" ball
    What happened to the weigh safe?

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

The bore where the ball drops into had egged out over 1/4" and wasn't real comfortable with it, and the built in lock to change balls had seized as well, that happened after 6 months, was stuck with the 2" ball.

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    What happened to the weigh safe?

2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Be aware that that the only aluminum drop hitch I was able to find that was rated any more than 13k lb was the weigh safe. Ok, 13k lb is way more than a boat and trailer will weigh but I like the additional safety factor of a true class V hitch when towing!!

2016 Moomba Craz

I was considering one of these, mainly because I have to swap to a much lower drop to get my boat in the garage (tow with a 2-3" drop but need 6 or 8" to get it in the garage). I was thinking that this might allow me to drop without completely unhooking. Right now that whole process is a PITA because the 8" drop that I have is a different length than the 2-3" i tow with. Add to it, there is a slight hill, so rolling the boat by hand is not an option and it doesn't fall on the ball unless its near perfect (again because of the hill, wheels are chocked). Anyone use something like the Anderson Rapid hitch to adjust tongue level without unhooking? Any other products out there for that? I saw an ad for the Rhino this week, but that looks a little too "mousetrappy" for me..
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Does B&W not have the best option with the Tow N Stow?
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold