Default 2014 Mobius LSV. Any thoughts on this boat?

Greetings. My wife and I are non wakeboarders looking for a wakeboard boat as a roomy "water taxi". Yes, we are aware that other "fakeboard" boats in the I/O category will offer a better value, but we simply like the looks of these boats and are interested in buying one.

I have come across a 2014 Mobius LSV in the 21.6 foot range with 128 hours at a local dealership. The boat has no sound system and sits on a single axle trailer. The boat has a 45k price tag, but isn't selling. Any thoughts on this boat? Thanks.

Default 2014 Mobius LSV. Any thoughts on this boat?

Quote Originally Posted by vetplus40 View Post
    Greetings. My wife and I are non wakeboarders looking for a wakeboard boat as a roomy "water taxi". Yes, we are aware that other "fakeboard" boats in the I/O category will offer a better value, but we simply like the looks of these boats and are interested in buying one.

I have come across a 2014 Mobius LSV in the 21.6 foot range with 128 hours at a local dealership. The boat has no sound system and sits on a single axle trailer. The boat has a 45k price tag, but isn't selling. Any thoughts on this boat? Thanks.
    Considering you aren’t even going to use it as a wakeboard boat, all I can say is that it floats and it goes.

Now.....If you plan on loading it up with 10people and driving on any chop greater than 1.5’ you are not going to like it too much. Even though it has a v-hull, it’s not like the deep-v of a cruiser. So in chop it is going to take more of a beating and with it’s low nose it can take rollers over the bow when weighted.

Also, wakeboards boats do not turn like to turn in reverse, unless you are satisfied with going right only. They ALL suffer from this problem as the rudder is basically ineffective in reverse, and the boat crawls on its rudder in reverse in the direction of prop rotation.

Now if you’re actually interested in using it for what it was made for then I could tell you that is an excellent boat with a great wakeboard and surf wave.

For what you intend to use it for, something like a 20’ open bow Four Winns or Sea Ray with an I/O would be far better suited. It will be far, far more maneuverable in reverse, have better fuel economy, handle rough water better and be far more cost effective.
    Last edited by Stazi; 07-09-2018 at 07:20 AM.
    2017 Moomba Craz

The LSV is a awesome boat but if your not going to surf or wakeboard I’d agree with the statement above get a run about boat use the piss out of it taxi tube hang out in the cove whatever. It wouldn’t be smart to buy a Cadillac to Uber in, a lot more economical choice would be a Toyota in that case.

P.s single axel trailers are a beating I’d get something with tandem axels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

$45K sounds high
    '14 Mojo 2.5

$45k does not sound high at all for a 4 year old boat..if he could get it for $40-42k that would be a good deal.

There’s a 2012 lsv on Craigslist right now for 50k 45 isn’t too bad

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

Thanks for the input. The single axle trailer is a bit of a concern for me. Looks like a lot of boat for a single.

Quote Originally Posted by vetplus40 View Post
    Thanks for the input. The single axle trailer is a bit of a concern for me. Looks like a lot of boat for a single.
    How far do you plan on pulling the boat? I had a single axle trailer on our Mobius and never had any issues whatsoever for years..Mostly pulled it locally, but made many 200+ mile trips...

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    How far do you plan on pulling the boat? I had a single axle trailer on our Mobius and never had any issues whatsoever for years..Mostly pulled it locally, but made many 200+ mile trips...
    600 mile round trips a few times a year. I'm just used to seeing wakeboard boats on double axles, so it kind of caught my attention.

I travel 1300 km’s one way to our summer cabin every year. Bearings done before I make the trip and make sure the tires are in good shape. I had a bearing pile up on me 5 years ago!! Not a good feeling on the side of the highway looking for somewhere for repairs.

An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure!! No problems for me in my last 5 trips.

2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold