Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Indmar Fuel Pump Part Numbers

Hey gang. It's been a while since I have been on here. Been super busy building a house and raising our new little boy. Barely used my boat in the past 3 or 4 years, took it out maybe 5 times since we found out the wife was pregnant... and that was the beginning of 2014. He's almost 4 now, and the house is finally done, so i'm itching to get back on the water. Got the boat out a few weeks ago to check things out and clean it up. Went to run it on the fake-a-lake, and that is when the trouble started.

Turned over a few times, but didn't catch. After a few minutes, I realized there was no fuel pump noise. So the fuse blowing had begun. Tried several things, but had no luck. I got both the pumps to run straight wired, but still wouldn't run. Sometimes it would catch and run for a few seconds and then die. Checked an blew out the fuel lines, didn't help. I realized that when checking the pumps, I had emptied the spin-on fuel filter. Filled that up, put it back on, and it ran for a little bit, then died. Checked all the little things, realized that the injectors weren't pumping much fuel. Long story longer, I figured one of the fuel pumps was dying. Boat has just under 600 hours, so it's time for some maintenance anyway, so I figured I would go ahead and replace both the fuel pumps, an then I won't have to think about them for another 600 hours.

First, so, like a lot of you, I have the Carter 152-875 low pressure pump, which is the Indmar 501006. Mine has 45940H18A stamped on it, which, as near as I can tell, crosses to the Carter P4594. This pump is about $60 online (Summit, Jegs, Rock Auto, etc.) as opposed to the $400 that places like Bakes sells it for. It looks like some folks use the P4389 as a replacement.

Second, the high-pressure pump is driving me crazy. Mine has 344 2490A stamped on it. Based on my research online the Indmar replacement for that pump is 495126. I saw a post where Larry confirmed that, so I trust that is correct. I can't really find it online easily. Bakes doesn't even have that part number. Skidim appears to have it, but its close to $350. I have also seen people state that it has been discontinued/replaced as well?

So does ANYONE have any thing that can verify or provide the correct part number? (Larry, you still around?) And if so, has anyone crossed it with another pump? I have found several pumps of that type, but are not sure of the OEM specs ( I have heard 28-33 psi, Indmar manual just says 30 psi minimum at keyup.) Also, several of the pumps I have found don't list their specs. Indmar doesn't "make" pumps, so there has to be a cross number for it.

Ones I have seen:
    Carter P61171
    Carter P61157
    Airtex E8266
    Sierra 18-7326 (and a bunch of other numbers)
    Precision E16414 (Oreilly's)
    Precision E16299
    and several others.

I am losing my mind trying to figure this out. Please Help!

I suggest calling Ski Dim they were very helpful getting the right parts for my fuel pump on my 2000 Supra Launch DD. The were able to identify the right pump for mine.

I would also check to make sure that you have fuel getting to the pump. I have heard fuel lines getting clogged and starving the pump.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by td_in_nc View Post
    I suggest calling Ski Dim they were very helpful getting the right parts for my fuel pump on my 2000 Supra Launch DD. The were able to identify the right pump for mine.

I would also check to make sure that you have fuel getting to the pump. I have heard fuel lines getting clogged and starving the pump.

Good luck
    I have this pump from my 2004if you want it. $40 shipped. Worked perfect when I took it off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Skidim has it on their website, and it appears to be the correct part number, but they are asking $328 for it. If it is just one of the Carter pumps, which it looks just like it, then they are only around $100.

It's like I said, the Indmar 501006 low pressure pump is LITERALLY a Carter P4594 (or a P4389). It's not a other brand cross referenced part. I have seen prices online for this pump from around $200 to over $400 (skidim has it for $212). I can buy the EXACT same pump from Summit or Jegs for $56; Rock Auto has it for $51. There is no way indmar MADE the pump, it has to be some other OEM fuel pump manufacturer, and if they used Carter for the low pressure, then chances are good that it is a Carter as well. I am fairly confident that it is a P61171, but I can't figure it out for sure. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks Stazi, but since I can get a brand new one for $55, I'll just do that.

Notice the numbers stamped on the pump 4594....

I will be interested in seeing what you find out. Have you contacted Carter? If they say it is certified marine grade I would go with that.

I haven't contacted Carter yet. I sent Larry a PM, so I was hoping he would chime it. One problem is that I can't find the specs for the Indmar 495126 pump so I can even compare it with anything. If I can get that information, then I could call Carter.

Did you ever figure this out?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I ran through a similar problem with my high pressure pump needing replacement. Engine is an Indmar Assault 320 with TBI. Has low pressure pump, then a high pressure pump to the injectors. I used CARTER P61171 as a replacement for the high pressure.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

had to get towed in tonight. Thank goodness for insurance, because a $500 tow bill would suck. That said, I'll be fuel pump shopping soon!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com