Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    The wave is looking good Don. Keep throwing weight at that beast
    And the water color.... Am I the only one infatuated here? Our mountain lakes are usually pretty clean and clear but that practically looks tropical.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    That's absolutely ridiculous. Make that another reason I have zero desire to visit much less move to the Midwest.

I remember having words with a fisherman in a slough that was one of the only parts smooth enough to ski. When I went in there, there were only a couple fishing boats. By the time I'd made a pass, they'd come out of the woodwork and it was crowded. I skied from end to end and dropped. And then waiting in the water until the little fishing boat trolled out of my line. He was within earshot so I said hi while floating in the water. He responded "it much be kinda hard to ski in here with people trying to fish." I of course responded "it must be hard to fish here with people trying to ski. I need smooth water, you don't".

WA says that we can play on the water an hour before sunrise to an hour after sunset. OR is Sunrise to Sunset. So there.
    I live in Ohio and I have been boating for 31 years here, Kentucky and Tennessee. Never heard of that rule in my life. Don’t think it truly applies to the “Midwest”.

2018 Moomba Craz

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

90 degree weather in Portland means both Saturday and Sunday on the water!!!

This weekend I took my first attempts at riding the foil board with the surf wave. (ignore the song choice as I didn't even realize my son's playlist was still going) It's even harder than foiling at wakeboard length. and the crashes are wicked. My advice is to curl up in a ball and pray!!!

VIDEO:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/xjuaokWprGRaATLW6

Had the inevitable torsion axle failure. Yes, that wheel is an inch off the ground.

But we had a great weekend and burned through a lot of gas. The wife looks tiny even next to her little 4'4" Doomswell Sparkplug.

Celebrated my belated birthday with a crew of awesome friends, and were treated to some rare afternoon smooth water. It's always great to celebrate with your friends cheering you on.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    I live in Ohio and I have been boating for 31 years here, Kentucky and Tennessee. Never heard of that rule in my life. Don’t think it truly applies to the “Midwest”.

2018 Moomba Craz
    Fair enough! And good to hear it's not universal! TN is on the short list of places to consider for retirement!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Uhhhhh—-pretty inflammatory Midwest statement, don’t you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just trying to help them out! LOL. We get SO many people moving to Portland and SW WA that it's killing our housing costs up here. We get sick of seeing CA plates on cars. I'm sure there's plenty good about the midwest. PPPPP
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Fair enough! And good to hear it's not universal! TN is on the short list of places to consider for retirement!
    I guess I should throw out there that KY and TN are not midwestern states, but we Boat in Indiana also, and never had that rule.

2018 Moomba Craz

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    And the water color.... Am I the only one infatuated here? Our mountain lakes are usually pretty clean and clear but that practically looks tropical.
    Thanks Steve. right now I have 4450lbs. My goal is to get to 5k.

bergermaister, This is an incredible lake to boat on. The colour alone is amazing and it changes depending what area you are in. Its also known as the lake of many colours. Water temp this week was 78 so it was fun for everyone. Theres a couple of rope swings and there is cliff jumping from 5 - 40 ft.
    2002 Supra Santera (SOLD)
    2017 Moomba Mojo Pro Vivid Orange
    (1595lb wakemakers in the lockers)

I'm just trying to help them out! LOL. We get SO many people moving to Portland and SW WA that it's killing our housing costs up here. We get sick of seeing CA plates on cars. I'm sure there's plenty good about the midwest. PPPPP
    Pretty sure it’s not us midwesterners moving out to Portland. We’re pretty satisfied with home out here in the sticks for the most part. Lotsa folks leave and end up coming back amazingly enough. Our winters suck ass but the culture is rock solid.

Also: never ever heard of a rule like that. Boat in SD, MN and IA. Heck MN has 10000 lakes without that rule 🤣

Default July 2018 Picture thread

It’s not a state law in Michigan but can be a lake association rule enforced by Marine police.

Keep in mind that jet skis and wake boats are the bane of most lakes.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan