Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: New for 2019

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I agree 100%.

They have already been producing cool leather in BMW convertibles. Why is it such a stretch to think they couldn't figure it out in boats?

Skier's Choice puts dark vinyl on boats that is tested to be 10 degrees COOLER than normal vinyl.
    10 degrees cooler? Okay, so instead of 140°, that dark gray is 130°. Whew, so much better! Nevermind that my old school light gray vinyl is 120°. You know, because it's not damned near black.

because it would make a LOT of sense to heavily advertise a new product that doesn't live up to its claims... That would be fantastic marketing. /sarcasm
    And no company in the history of marketing has ever exaggerated claims in order to sell a product.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    10 degrees cooler? Okay, so instead of 140°, that dark gray is 130°. Whew, so much better! Nevermind that my old school light gray vinyl is 120°. You know, because it's not damned near black.

And no company in the history of marketing has ever exaggerated claims in order to sell a product.
    No, they aren't saying that the chill tech is 10 degrees cooler than black vinyl, they are saying that the chill tech is 10 degrees cooler than LIGHTER COLORED NORMAL vinyl.

So you can get that badass looking dark interior and actually have it cooler than your old school light gray vinyl. Where is the downside?!?!?! (okay, aside from cost. because I already looked into the chill tech to reupholster my boat and I've been told it's a lot more expensive.)
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default New for 2019

I believe the dark is to be he same as old tech white in same sun. According to measurements and skin-witnesses at the dealer demo.

But again, they’re lying most likely. They’re not going to pull this trick on Shoebox!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    No, they aren't saying that the chill tech is 10 degrees cooler than black vinyl, they are saying that the chill tech is 10 degrees cooler than LIGHTER COLORED NORMAL vinyl.

So you can get that badass looking dark interior and actually have it cooler than your old school light gray vinyl. Where is the downside?!?!?! (okay, aside from cost. because I already looked into the chill tech to reupholster my boat and I've been told it's a lot more expensive.)
    I know what they're saying. First, how are you going to verify that it's 10° cooler? Second, I can guarantee that that dark gray "Cool Tech" vinyl is still going to be hot, and way hotter than light gray "Cool Tech" vinyl.

The basic point being, I don't care what you call it, dark gray (or any dark color) vinyl is going to be damned hot in the sun. A little cooler than the exact same shade old school vinyl? Sure. A little cooler than scorching is still scorching.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    But again, they’re lying most likely. They’re not going to pull this trick on Shoebox!

Whatever. Enjoy your black Cool Tech vinyl.
    2019 Supra SL450

I know what they're saying. First, how are you going to verify that it's 10° cooler?
    Pretty sure they have “thermometers.”

Default New for 2019

Whatever. Enjoy your black Cool Tech vinyl.
    🤣

http://www.syntecind.com/marine/mari...inyl-solutions

Liars! All of them!

Last edited by dakota4ce; 07-31-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Even my light gray and white vinyl gets pretty hot in direct sun so I would be curious to see how cool the new lighter to medium colors stay.
    2015 Mojo with autoflow

I don't know how it works, but I sat in an all black Mastercraft with their version of this 2 days ago on a fully sunny 89 degree day and it was cooler than the lava-infused dove grey in my boat!
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    I don't know how it works, but I sat in an all black Mastercraft with their version of this 2 days ago on a fully sunny 89 degree day and it was cooler than the lava-infused dove grey in my boat!
    Probably a licensed version of the same stuff. I would imagine that is heavily protected.