Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: New for 2019

Dakota, you reinforced my thoughts on the added ballast. I had that scenario in mind in why I said extra weight is needed. Light crew is kids, not many people, whatever the case may be. They have basically put Enzos in a boat from the factory and people still are not happy, that's my point. I have been on 24' boats with enzos and nose weight, add in a few people, and they throw sick wakes and waves. I think you guys missed my point. Its all good. I would add weight to the boat as well, since our crews are smaller and smaller these days since the baby, but 4000 pounds is significant.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Dakota, you reinforced my thoughts on the added ballast. I had that scenario in mind in why I said extra weight is needed. Light crew is kids, not many people, whatever the case may be. They have basically put Enzos in a boat from the factory and people still are not happy, that's my point. I have been on 24' boats with enzos and nose weight, add in a few people, and they throw sick wakes and waves. I think you guys missed my point. Its all good. I would add weight to the boat as well, since our crews are smaller and smaller these days since the baby, but 4000 pounds is significant.
    No I agree 100%. 4000# is a bunch for stock. I think we were just saying, to use it at it’s potential would take more weight because of the size of the boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I asked this very question to a Supra engineer. He said people can add weight over stock if they run light crews, but they try to put out optimal ballast for the boat and the weight capacity that it is capable of holding if there was a butt in every seat. They have to account for such things.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Understand 100%

So the makai max displacement is 5200+4000+2500=11700

That is impressive considering an SA is
    5450+3500+2400=11350

And SE is
    5500+3500+2800= 11800

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    So the makai max displacement is 5200+4000+2500=11700

That is impressive considering an SA is
    5450+3500+2400=11350

And SE is
    5500+3500+2800= 11800

You’re comparing 2019 moomba numbers to 2018 Supra numbers..stay tuned

2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    I think really the point I am focused on is that the rear lockers aren’t able to add more weight elegantly with the “tray” arrangement.

Take a Supra SL, with 3500 factory subfloor. It still has a true locker to which you could easily add PnP bags. Makai cannot.

That’s all I was really paying attention to.

The only company that comes close to loading boats out the door is Centurion it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by ATS0921 View Post
    Wouldn't they have to drop the occupancy rating if they added more stock ballast? I always assumed there was a balancing act between stock ballast and occupancy rating?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Except centurion doesn’t seem to have that issue?

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I think really the point I am focused on is that the rear lockers aren’t able to add more weight elegantly with the “tray” arrangement.

Take a Supra SL, with 3500 factory subfloor. It still has a true locker to which you could easily add PnP bags. Makai cannot.

That’s all I was really paying attention to.

The only company that comes close to loading boats out the door is Centurion it seems.

Furthermore, possibly in contrast to what you suggest—even if I have 6-7-8 adults in the boat, I FILL the ballast. The only thing that might slow me down is getting to a point where the motor can’t hang in there. But thus far, that hasn’t happened. I would not fill partial ballast when I have a big crew, unless I had to.

If I had a 575, I NEVER would have to I bet. That would be sweet! Like the wake 9 boat—they fill that hawg no matter how big the crew, don’t they?

Maybe that clarifies my thoughts some?

Sounds like you might do that?

For those Supra owners ... few things I was told today (and saw some pics)

SL will get a walkthrough pad and tray underneath

SE redesigned with subfloor ballast as everyone can imagine

Don’t know any specifics about SA or SR

All Supras will get 2 touch screens one center and one to lower right phone holder moves to the left ... looks a lot like the Malibu setup. Wasn’t sold on that design ... looked like it was big and just in your way. After having a 2017 Malibu LSV and now the 2018 SL the smaller screen works perfect and gives access to everything when needed (if you have the steering controls - otherwise it may not be as easy but who didn’t order that???) ... and to clarify the 9” screen is the same as nautique is using including software I think?!

No more remote on the left side center section to adjust music - new touch screen near the glove box to allow peeps to control sound, heater and hopefully nothing else

Walkthrough as said earlier on the SL no hull changes. New dark vinyl staying cool they say ... new color option ... wine red or similar ... wanted that this year but Skiers choice refused to do custom color ... grrrr ....

For those interested in plug and play ... I’m opening another thread for the SL ... can’t and won’t do lead as my boat is on a lift so will post pics there to show how I did it ...
    2018 Supra SL400
    2017 Malibu 23LSV
    2011 Epic 23V
    2007 Epic 23V