Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast

Thread: New for 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Slinger View Post
    Kind of an "old" thread to bring back up. Back on page 45 there was talk of why not the 1.76 gearing on the 2019 Supra's. Well yesterday on the FB page it was confirmed a change to the SE450 which will now include the 1.76. But Not the SL or SA.
    Having ordered an SL prior to the release date assuming that a 1.76 was a given(based on the Makai and other reasons) it was disappointing to see the Supra's not get the 1.76. when the 2019 info was released
    Even more disappointing now to hear the SE gets it but not the SL/SA.
    Its the exact same housing with different internals. 16'' prop fits the SE SL and SA with no issues at all so I can't see what the problem is.
    I'm sure I'll be happy with SL either way but it seems very clear that the boat will be so much better with a 1.76 ratio and a 16'' prop.
    The 1.76 bolts straight-in(6 bolts) no other changes required.... Frustrated!
    Is your boat built yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, Later this month

I’m curious as to a reasoning behind using a 1.76:1 ratio vs a 1:1 ratio. They must each have their advantages and disadvantages. I guess one benefit of the 1.76:1 is that the prop spins slower making prop strikes less damaging maybe?

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

The current ratio is 1.5.
    Yes the 1.76 means the prop spins slower for a given amount of engine rev's. The benefit is this gearing allows you run a bigger diameter and higher pitch prop which has more efficient pulling power under heavy ballast. Kind of like low ratio in a 4 x 4 to climb a steep gravel hill without spinning the wheels(1.76) verse high ratio and spinning the wheels up the hill.
    If you hit something it won't make any significant difference

Quote Originally Posted by Slinger View Post
    The current ratio is 1.5.
    Yes the 1.76 means the prop spins slower for a given amount of engine rev's. The benefit is this gearing allows you run a bigger diameter and higher pitch prop which has more efficient pulling power under heavy ballast. Kind of like low ratio in a 4 x 4 to climb a steep gravel hill without spinning the wheels(1.76) verse high ratio and spinning the wheels up the hill.
    If you hit something it won't make any significant difference
    So then this begs the question, if it is all
    Advantages and no disadvantages, then why don’t they use this set up in ever boat? I guess I never realized that a big prop with a higher pitch spinning slower is that much more efficient than a slightly smaller prop with a lower pitch spinning faster.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    This goes for the 2018 and 2019. The bimini cover on these new towers is such a pain in the ass to put on!! Don't get me wrong I love the bimini with the additional coverage and the surf pockets. I also love the fact that the tower is power and folds down behind the windshield. But that bimini top cover is such a pain in the ass to put on. It is now a 2 person job, especially after 12 or more adult beverages and with windy conditions. If anyone has tips or tricks
    or a video of putting it on, I would love to see it. My wife and I struggled for 40 minutes trying to get it on yesterday after our 1st trip out on the SL.

It took some practice. We put the bikini cover on every time because the Tower has to fold to fit the boat into the dry stack. If you don’t put the bikini cover on, you risk cracking the windshield when raising the tower if the arm gets jammed under the windshield.

It takes me 3 minutes. Wedge the cover under the bimini but above the Tower speakers and Tower rails. Get the rear zipper where it goes, then throw the upper portion over the bimini and zip it up. Finally work on zipping up the sides.

When is the power folding bimini coming to the lineup??!!
    2022 Supra SL 400 ordered!
    2019 Supra SL 400 passed on for summer fun
    2018 Supra SL 400 Arrived and awesome!
    2014 Axis A20 - Sold to a great family
    1992 Supra Comp T6SM
    1999 Nautique Super Sport

I had the lucky opportunity to spend the evening on a '19 SE550 this Sunday!

HO-LEE-CRAP! The fit and finish of the boat is just spectacular. I've put 92 hours on my '18 Craz now and am exceedingly happy with it, but the differences are amazing. Every single thing that you touch is an order of magnitude nicer. Most things that are purchased components on the Moomba are finely custom machined, anodized, and precision fit on the Supra. Every hinge, and moving part is custom and has bushings and bearings, etc, etc. The boat feels like it will last a lifetime, whereas the Moomba frankly does not. That being said, you basically just add a “1” to the beginning of the MSRP to go from my Craz to a loaded up SE, so the whole experience really just made me appreciate what I’ve got a little more…

The dealer that I bought my boat from (Denney Marine in Albany, KY) are family friends of one of my old buddy's family and are neighbors on the houseboat dock on Lake Cumberland – in the process sof buying this boat they’ve all become friends of ours too! I went to catch up with my old buddy and the Denneys had several badass toys out: '19 SE, and SA plus a few new Seadoos and a South Bay pontoon with a 400 on it. Add to that another neighbor's '18 SL, my '18 Craz and m buddy's family's '18 Mojo, and we were a floating Skier's choice advertisement!

After some backslapping about how happy we are with the Craz, Leon (dealership owner) asked if we were going surfing behind the SE with them! We were trying to head home (the sun was headed down and we had a 30 minute boat ride and a 2 hour tow to get home before work in the morning), but of course I couldn’t resist. We hopped in with about 6 or 8 others of varying skill, filled the boat up and let her rip. I was up first and rode the Hyperlite Automatic that they had onboard. Right out of the box, the wave was taller than my Craz (even with an extra 1500lbs added to my Craz), WAAAAAY longer and mega clean with a steep lip. It was kind of everything at once! We didn’t do a single bit of messing with anything, just filled it up and ran Autowake! I took a pretty short turn since I really was trying to get home and there were probably 8 people wanting to ride. Once I got out of the water, Leon “asked’ if I would take the driver’s seat so he could do some coaching. Of course, LOL! Obvious sales move there, but hey, I’ll take it. More of the same impression about all of the “touch points” on the boat from the helm. It truly is spectacular! I was a little overwhelmed by the touch screens at first, but I ended up finding everything I needed. I didn’t love the stereo controls on the screen, and struggled to find the lights when I needed them, but that’s just a little learning curve. The power seat is pretty ridiculously badass (I’m 6’4, 260 and the previous driver was 5’8”, 160). I also noticed that visibility was better in the SA running 9 degrees of pitch than my Craz running about the same. The seat probably had some to do with that. It hit it’s autowake numbers right out of the box, whereas my Craz seems to need some time to adjust. I pulled all of the other riders. The 575 is a freaking animal! It didn’t feel like a 25 (or is it 26) foot boat! Easily got on plane and ran about 40 with 8 adults and full ballast on the ride back to the dock!

We did seem to “loose” some front ballast into the bilge (wave got shorter as we rode, and I saw the front bilge pump come on a few times), so they’ll be looking into that back at the shop this week.

All-in-all, I completely understand the “ultra-premium” boats now. If you have the means, I highly recommend it, LOL! For me, it was a fun experience that will have to wait a few (or many many) years to even become a dream…

My pictures were taken by my lady and do not do the wave justice. I was either behind the boat or in the drivers seat the whole time – which I can’t complain about!

Last edited by korey; 09-05-2018 at 12:51 PM.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Anyone know if Flow 3.0 is available on the Makai? I looked around the web and so far I only see Makai with Flow 2.0
    2020 Supra SE 450

Quote Originally Posted by tre View Post
    Anyone know if Flow 3.0 is available on the Makai? I looked around the web and so far I only see Makai with Flow 2.0
    Only the "Pro" models come equipped with Flow 3.0.....you'll have to wait for the Makai Pro to debut next year.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

The wake9 crew got to ring out a new 2019 SE550.