Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: New for 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
    Storage is pretty insane, this boat is massive, think like SE massive, and then all subfloor ballast. So you don't lose any storage, and we did NOT bring a single pound of lead or any sack. What you see in the video, is PURE stock. They actually asked me to bring lead out of our SL to the Makai. I declined. My thoughts, if we can't surf great with 4k ballast and a full family there is a problem. Also, the subfloor ballast was interesting, it has like a "soft" cover, so you can remove and inspect which is GREAT and then also, you can actually add plug and play on TOP of the sub floor rear tanks, it was pretty sick. If I bought this boat, I would probably bring a few hundred lbs of lead for those times we only have a couple people, and nothing else.

Absolutely, the video I did was ALL stock, but with a good load of peeps. But why buy a 25' boat and not have the peeps?

Keep in mind, in years past, I have been asked to do things like this. We are brought a boat to review and test, and sometimes the video never shows up. We don't talk about it. I also prepped SC that if we came and it didn't perform, we just wouldn't say a word about that boat. That is kind of our rule. But everything I have seen from SC, has blown me away since the SE.
    Nice, did you have the 400 or 575? How does this surf compared to the max? Glad you have the ability to add PnP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Surf plates—do they reflect the strides made on the Supra side with 3.0?

No, and I had a LOT of questions about this, and it kinda bothered me a bit. Cuz this boat with the same surf system on the SL, would compete with the SL, as far as the wave, and I guess that answers the question why, and you know, that makes sense. They spend a lot of time and R&D on engineering and they put it out first on the Supras, and it works its way down. So I would say that this surf system on the makai, was probably more like the same performance as our 2017 SE. It was great, but the SL is perfect.

So the makai required a bit of list to clean up the wave, like our SE did. So I am spoiled with the SL, the SL wave is soooo good. This is not quite as good, but its great. So great, I can honestly say we could spend a season on this boat without issue. We would long for some rides on the SL, but this wave is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! We've got a houseboat rented on Cumberland that weekend. I've been talking with "my guy" this week and he says he'll have one sometime in that time-frame too. At that time, I'll harass him into letting me steal it for a few hours! He knows that's how I ended up with the Craz in my garage so it shouldn't take too much pushing.
    Denney marine is the go to in ky

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    Nice, did you have the 400 or 575? How does this surf compared to the max? Glad you have the ability to add PnP

I am going to have to find my notes and get back, I THINK it had the 400. Getting old, memory fades.

Quote Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
    I am going to have to find my notes and get back, I THINK it had the 400. Getting old, memory fades.
    I hear ya, I already forgot I wanted to sell my Mondo haha. I’m really hoping it performs with a 400 so we don’t have to take that 20k hit for the 575. Defeats the purpose of budget boat.

Can’t wait for your full review!

Is that a Center ice chest in the floor? Is there any foot shower anywhere in the boat?

2015 Mondo

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    I hear ya, I already forgot I wanted to sell my Mondo haha. I’m really hoping it performs with a 400 so we don’t have to take that 20k hit for the 575. Defeats the purpose of budget boat.

Can’t wait for your full review!

Is that a Center ice chest in the floor? Is there any foot shower anywhere in the boat?

no foot shower, it had a center area you can put a cooler in, and it had a soft AO under the seat, I like the floor, and we do that in our SL.

As far as the 400, just make sure the boat has the autolaunch feature, I can say from experience using several 400 supra boats, if it has autolaunch, you can do the smaller motor.

So that boat was tested with the 400 and 450, and 90% sure it was the 400 that day, but it def was NOT the 575.

I mean.... I need to find a way to get the makai!!! That thing is killer. I live the color scheme. Never thought I would like that interior but man it looks. Sweet.

Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

its a big ol girl

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

Quote Originally Posted by Edo88 View Post
    its a big ol girl

More pics please. 🤤

2015 Mondo

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0